Any way to make the camera not "speed up"

By that I mean I like a constant camera move speed with W A S D keys (not the default but what I have them set to)... as it is, it goes slow and then speeds up. I'd rather it go fast all the time from the get go. Is this moddable? I coulda sworn that in Marines 1.21 the game was not doing this... maybe I altered something and don't remember :confused:? Any help would be appreciated.

Keyboard control is definitely the secondary method of camera movement.

One thing that can mess up camera movement speed is not paying attention to where your mouse cursor is onscreen. Occassionally I'm focused intently on a battle then -ZING! the camera shoots off! I was too caught up in the game to notice my cursor had wandered to the far corner of the screen. :D

Using the keyboard keys(WASD) for camera movement has never been good in CMSF. Sometimes it's sluggish and other times it's fast or erratic. So therefore I only use it for smaller more fine camera movement and leave the big camera moving to mousing over to the sides of the screen. I also use the ctrl+left click to quickly jump to a spot.