GMG Air Burst

KETF do not appear to be working correctly. It sems to me they function as HE rounds.

I've played around with the KETF in the game a little bit and it appears that they DO airburst, but it is consistently about 35m behind the target. Try it yourself and issue a target order to an area of ground and you should see that some rounds will actually hit the ground before or at the target, but some will travel further and airburst.

I'll post this again in the v1.30 bugs thread.

I'm surprised the player can't use the KETF rounds like the Brit platoon mortar and target one square beyond LOS, e.g. rooftops out of LOS, behind walls, just over crests, etc. But I fully understand that getting the AI to use it logically might be a much more difficult task.

I'm surprised the player can't use the KETF rounds like the Brit platoon mortar and target one square beyond LOS, e.g. rooftops out of LOS, behind walls, just over crests, etc. But I fully understand that getting the AI to use it logically might be a much more difficult task.

Yeah, it would be nice if programmable rounds could be used differently depending on the type and location of the target, but I don't know if this might be hard to program. Detonation needs to be delayed to be effective against vehicles and buildings but it also can still work against infantry in the open, just not quite as well. So if KETF can have only one default behavior that is used all the time in the game then I guess the current one is correct.