Rank Insignia Error

Eagle2

It seems ever since the 1.30 patch the rank section has been missing from some units. Two in particular stand out, first the Canadian infantry squad leaders from the campaign do not have any rank whatsoever. Whenever they get killed their 2ic takes control and his rank shows. Anybody else notice this? I also noticed that the Marine team leaders when you split the squads don't show any rank either in the rank box, but when the team leader is incapacitated the next marines rank, usually a PVT, shows up. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Ah! Believe it or not, two completely unrelated bugs :D Both will be fixed for v1.31. Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Will you please consider adding some additional information to the weapon tool-tips that are already present? With all of the different types of weapons in the game, it would be great if you could include the type of ammo that a weapon requires.

Also, if you could add in tool-tips for the rank and branch, that would help as well.

The weapon ammo issue is really important for CM:A, where there are so many different weapons present within one squad, and it is very difficult to determine squad ammo load-out.

Thanks.

There were structural changes made to all Shock Force TO&E due to some internal data changes we made for Normandy. In the process of switching some stuff around (which included rank) something apparently got criss crossed with two specific Marine Soldiers. They were given US Army ranks which don't exist in the Marine Corps. The system was kind enough to display nothing instead of crashing :) For the Canadians it was a mis-numbered BMP.

Mead95 and Chops,

v1.30 was basically "it" in terms of new features for CM:SF specifically. One or two bug fix patches are always inevitable after a major point release, so those were always planned. Any new features getting into future CM:SF patches are strictly coincidental with Normandy. Adding Tool Tip behavior and data is not on our agenda for future patches, though by the time CM:SF 2 comes around an entirely different system for showing detailed data is planned.

Steve

Ah! Believe it or not, two completely unrelated bugs :D Both will be fixed for v1.31. Thanks!

Steve

While we're on the subject...

I've noticed that squad leaders for Syrian infantry units display no rank insignia, either. Is this a bug, or do Privates in the Syrian Army really lead infantry squads?

Steve: You have these wonderful manuals packed with info, but not even a hint re doctrine re how to use the different nationalities properly. Any chance of even just a page on each to give us a clue of how best to use em? Newbies must be having a hard time, and it might help make the game more accessible.

Interesting. Do you mean standard Syrian Rifle Squads, or one of the other types? The Squad Leader in that case is supposed to be a SGT. I'll see if one of the two problems mentioned above bit this one as well.

Steve

I just ran some tests and I noticed it affected every single Syrian infantry squad leader I could find. Good spotting mate.

The Syrian problem was found. Similar one to the Marines. It's fixed for the v1.31 patch. Thanks for pointing it out!

The tactical employment of the new NATO forces aren't all that different than the others, at least in terms of the basics of fire and move. The differences are in how well the do their various jobs :D

That's the best short answer I can give right now.

Steve

The Syrian problem was found. Similar one to the Marines. It's fixed for the v1.31 patch. Thanks for pointing it out!

Cool! Thing is, I noticed this issue a while ago, but I never brought it up, because I figured that the Syrians just commanded their squads differently. Better late than never. :D

There were structural changes made to all Shock Force TO&E due to some internal data changes we made for Normandy. In the process of switching some stuff around (which included rank) something apparently got criss crossed with two specific Marine Soldiers. They were given US Army ranks which don't exist in the Marine Corps. The system was kind enough to display nothing instead of crashing :) For the Canadians it was a mis-numbered BMP.

Mead95 and Chops,

v1.30 was basically "it" in terms of new features for CM:SF specifically. One or two bug fix patches are always inevitable after a major point release, so those were always planned. Any new features getting into future CM:SF patches are strictly coincidental with Normandy. Adding Tool Tip behavior and data is not on our agenda for future patches, though by the time CM:SF 2 comes around an entirely different system for showing detailed data is planned.

Steve

So, if there's no further development planed for CMSF, what's the sense of conforming the structur of the Shock Force and the Normandie TO&E ??