CMBB mods

You can download many CMBB-CMAK mods from this link.

Basically, you download the mod on your desktop ( or in any folder ), then open up that mod and copy & paste it directly into the CMBB or CMAK BMP folder...Remember to back up your files in case you dont like the new mod.

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods

Joe

an by backing up you mean making copies of all the files and putting them in a folder on my desk top?

Sorry for noob questions but I haven't ever tampered with mods on CMBB.

Yes, move (or copy) the ORIGINAL bmp files from the installed CMBB game bmp folder to a (say) "SAVED ORIGINAL BMP's" folder.

Re folder discipline I recommend you put that saved original bmp's folder in your CMBB folder someplace, so you don't have to clutter up your desktop.

I also find it useful to name a saved bmp folder for each item - eg "1943 PzIII" so you don't end up with one huge folder with a mass of bmp's that you have to search thru (if you ever want to restore the original bmp's).

Yes, move (or copy) the ORIGINAL bmp files from the installed CMBB game bmp folder to a (say) "SAVED ORIGINAL BMP's" folder.

Re folder discipline I recommend you put that saved original bmp's folder in your CMBB folder someplace, so you don't have to clutter up your desktop.

I also find it useful to name a saved bmp folder for each item - eg "1943 PzIII" so you don't end up with one huge folder with a mass of bmp's that you have to search thru (if you ever want to restore the original bmp's).

ok another factor that may be a problem. I recently bought my CMBB of the internet. How will that effect this?

And too back up can i just copy the whole CMBB folder and save on desktop? or do I have too sort through BMP'S?

Yes, the old CM1 games, CMBO, CMBB and CMAK can simply be copied onto (and run off) a flash drive if you like. (Unless you recently bought them from Battlefront as they now have to be installed with licensing required.)

I don't know what the new version "installed" folders look like. I can only hope they look like the old original version folder trees.

The old original version folder trees are pretty simple.

Generally, to run different versions of a CM1 game (eg you want to run CMAK and make it look like Europe rather than North Africa), you can download a lot of mods an d create a completely different BMP folder and switch it with the original CMAK BMP folder. In this case you would want to rename each version of your BMP folder so you would have for example: BMP EUROPE and BMP AFRICA. To have the program use the desired BMP folder you would rename that folder (eg BMP EUROPE) to simply BMP.

Or you can simply copy all the bmp files in one of the above folders into the existing bmp folder. The important thing is to ensure that you never permanently delete files until you are absolutely sure you will never need em again.

So, yes, you can simply back up the entire original bmp folder someplace.

Hope that's clear...

Yes, the old CM1 games, CMBO, CMBB and CMAK can simply be copied onto (and run off) a flash drive if you like. (Unless you recently bought them from Battlefront as they now have to be installed with licensing required.)

I don't know what the new version "installed" folders look like. I can only hope they look like the old original version folder trees.

The old original version folder trees are pretty simple.

Generally, to run different versions of a CM1 game (eg you want to run CMAK and make it look like Europe rather than North Africa), you can download a lot of mods an d create a completely different BMP folder and switch it with the original CMAK BMP folder. In this case you would want to rename each version of your BMP folder so you would have for example: BMP EUROPE and BMP AFRICA. To have the program use the desired BMP folder you would rename that folder (eg BMP EUROPE) to simply BMP.

Or you can simply copy all the bmp files in one of the above folders into the existing bmp folder. The important thing is to ensure that you never permanently delete files until you are absolutely sure you will never need em again.

So, yes, you can simply back up the entire original bmp folder someplace.

Hope that's clear...

Or if you would like to have a separate game called CM:ETO, David Ingletts CMAK European Theater Mod, you can download the mod from here: http://www.tspindler.de/cmak_mod/

Follow the instructions and BOOM... you have Three games for the price of two... CM:BB, CM:AK and now CM:ETO. Enjoy.