NATO Campaigns

Since I think of the new armies as distinct from one another rather than as elements of a supranational force, I've thought of renaming the "NATO"-prefixed scenarios according to nationality. Thus the Canadian scenarios would be prefixed "CA" (for Canada) or perhaps "CF" (for Canadian Forces); the German scenarios would be prefixed "DE" (for Deutschland); the Dutch scenarios would be prefixed "NL" (for Netherlands). Such would be nice and short (a la "UK" for British Army scenarios); and such would be in accord with standard abbreviating convention, correct?

Hi,

If you don't find the campaigns maybe you have the same problem that i had.

the campaigns and new scenarios are called "Nato...".

I couldn't find them when i launched the game.

The problem comes from the installation of the game i think, if you don't run the game in english language. The new files were in the wrong directories so i copied and pasted from the english version to the french one that i use. the same for QB maps.

You 'll find the Nato campaigns, scenarios and QB maps in the english version file, just copy them in the good directory, depending on the language you use.

For what it's worth, I notice that when one selects a scenario or campaign a little green light goes on above the appropriate module icon at the bottom left of the screen.

Nice, but it doesn't help organize the scenarios or campaigns in that one still has to click on every scen/camp name to see which module it comes from. It would be nice to have a control that automatically shows ONLY(for example) USMC or UK scens/camps.

Well although I would slaughter a cow if I couldn't buy steaks anymore, I prefer my steak wrapped in a plastic as opposed to wrapped in a cow ;)

Would be a good practice though for all scenario designers to include a prefix, same like the scenario's that come with the modules. As long as the short briefing is clear about the kind of scenario, finding a scenario of your liking shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Regarding the campaigns, the German one is quite easy to recognize imo (Die kunst des krieges). The Dutch campaign was less obvious for me, but I sought and I found. I think you can rename the campaigns to your likings so everyone can have it exactly how he wants.

What I also look for in a briefing in the initial name of the scenario in the main menu, is the TIME LENGTH - so when I only want to play a 40 minute game... Unfortunately, few designers put that in, so one has to load it to see the length in the briefing (and sometimes not even then forcing you to get the game screen!).