New file at the Repository: HardRock (2010-10-21)

This is a mostly infantry battle, at mountain terrain, on medium map (1.7x1.2km)German lite infantry storming small mountain outpost, protected by Syrian air-born infantry.You can play at both sides, each side have 3 AI plans, also H2H will be good.To play this mission you need game version 1.30 NATO and USMC modules. ZIP-file include HardRock at english and HardRock(rus) at russian language.

More...

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded this map about an hour ago and I'm currently moving my troops into their ORP's to jump off the attack. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the map. Very well designed, it seems like there are some promising potential approach points. I shall post more as I play this scenario through :)

So I just finished this scenario and it was a very interesting battle. I played it WeGo on Elite difficulty. I've never played a scenario in the mountains before, so it was a very different experience. One thing I did noticed was that you turned the fitness level on my troops down a bit. It seemed like I could barely run them without tiring them out. Is that because of the mountains? Just curious really. It did make my playing pace much slower, it took 15 minutes to get my men into position for the attack. The UnCon counterattack seemed kinda weak to me though, they just ran up the side of the hill allowing my forces to direct their fire on them. Maybe a stealthier approach would work better. Overall though, a very nice scenario, I managed a tactical victory with every objective secured except for Hugel #2. 3 killed, 9 wounded, and two Fuchs destroyed. I should have done much better, but I tried to rush to secure Hugel #2 before time ran out. Anyway, thanks for the great scenario, I'll definitely be playing it again.

One thing I did noticed was that you turned the fitness level on my troops down a bit.

Not for all troops, only for heavy armed, but it's mission story, they was landed 2 km away from this place and moved on foot. But if this idea looks bad, I will correct.

The UnCon counterattack seemed kinda weak to me though, they just ran up the side of the hill allowing my forces to direct their fire on them.

They have 3 plan, looks like it was bad :rolleyes: Where exactly they was trying attack: to base, or to 'hill 1'?

P.S. Try play at red side, it's very interest too ;)

Not for all troops, only for heavy armed, but it's mission story, they was landed 2 km away from this place and moved on foot. But if this idea looks bad, I will correct.

It wasn't a bad idea, but you already have to walk a km to the objective. To be honest though, I really liked the slower pace of the mission, it was just a bit frustrating due to my own errors at the end when I tried to rush them to Hugel 2.

And they were trying to attack hill one. Maybe if the map was expanded a bit to show the back of Hugel 1 they could sneak around there, but the way they went left them exposed to pretty much the entire company. And I probably will start playing as the red forces in the next few days, it'd make an interesting change :)