Volume of sound (ME) BG mod

If you have windows...open the file in sound recorder, decrease the volume by 25% then save...put back in z folder and see if that helps. Just keep decreasing until you hit the level you like.

Mord.

I love the Middle East BG sound mod, but it's a bit loud compared to the rest of the game, and gets a bit annoying as one can tell it's repeating too easily.

Is there any way to reduce the volume of a specific sound mod?

Hmm sounds interesting, will hunt for it on the repository.

I've just got round to the mod that cuts the distant guns and birds.

Elmar- did it work on the stationry vehicles?

And- to save another thread. Does anybody know if and where there is a Generation Kill mod for the loading screen? That tune is starting to wear a little thin.

It should be under programs/accessories in your start menu.

@Vincere...No problem. Have fun with it. Also, shameless plug, if you want a plain back ground sound and radio chatter from just vehicles, try my AFV mod when using Army/Marines. You'll only hear chatter when close to vehicles. I have a bunch of different sound mods for backgrounds and such but that is my favorite.

Mord.

Well, if it's the same as the one for XP you'll do this; First make a copy or put the two sound files you want to change on your desktop...it'll be easier that way.

Start sound recorder, click on the file tab, choose open, point the "look in" box to your desktop if it isn't already pointed there...(once you do that) below the "look in" box you should see a group of folders, programs and whatever you have on your desktop...find the first background file, click on it, then click open, which is down down bottom on the right.

Now, sound recorder has the file, click on the effects tab, you'll see a list of options and one of them should be decrease volume, click that and it'll decrease the volume a little bit at a time...you may have to click it more than once to get where you want.

When you think you've lowered it enough, click the file tab, and click save.

To check it, pop back in your z folder and start the game.

Rinse and repeat for the other file.

Win 7 isn't XP but sound recorder shouldn't be too different in nature in Win 7...you should be able to find the tabs and such even if it isn't exactly the same as what I described.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Mord.

It should be under programs/accessories in your start menu.

@Vincere...No problem. Have fun with it. Also, shameless plug, if you want a plain back ground sound and radio chatter from just vehicles, try my AFV mod when using Army/Marines. You'll only hear chatter when close to vehicles. I have a bunch of different sound mods for backgrounds and such but that is my favorite.

Mord.

woe, distance sensitive readio chatter- souds awsome. Will give that a try when I can log back on at green as jades. Cheers.

Here ya go...it's on the repository too. All my stuff is on both sites.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=549

Mord.

Love that mod. Very immersive as I scroll past the AFVs and hear faint radio chatter. Thanks for the heads up, that one will stay. Just wondering, did you tweak the engine noise down a little on that one?

Couldn't get the Generation Kill music on the loading screen. Mayby it was meant for a background sound?

Glad you like it. I don't think a lot of people know that mod exists...they may think it's a background mod. I don't think I tweaked the engine noise level...may have...it's pretty loud on my machine though. You may wanna tweak the volume control on your comp if it's too low for you...or you could raise it with sound recorder.

Here's the other Gen Kill Mod with loading music...seems there were like three different Gen mods...I exploded this one for you and re-zipped it so you can use what you want out of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?39024qt3plpfr5m

Mord.

Glad you like it. I don't think a lot of people know that mod exists...they may think it's a background mod. I don't think I tweaked the engine noise level...may have...it's pretty loud on my machine though. You may wanna tweak the volume control on your comp if it's too low for you...or you could raise it with sound recorder.

Here's the other Gen Kill Mod with loading music...seems there were like three different Gen mods...I exploded this one for you and re-zipped it so you can use what you want out of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?39024qt3plpfr5m

Mord.

Very kind Mord. And very appreciated. The Back Screen is cool too. Hey there is a Humvee mod in there too. Looks like.

They are different, never used SR in 7 till today, and apparently its purely for recording now.

Here is a thread I found that says the XP version will work on Windows 7.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7music/thread/ad0a6f3b-f3df-48cc-998a-59e0553241be

The File name is sndrec32.exe, normally you can find windows files online (I've never had a problem replacing corrupted files), but I have a XP box I can e-mail it to you from.

*Edit* I just read the last 2 posts (figured 2 people = confirmed), but apparently there are issues. Gonna e-mail it to my 64 7 box to see.

*Edit 2* Recorded, Opened, Played, and Edited fine. But my test was limited, but seems like it would work for what Mord was talking about.