Japanese Supply

Hello

I have noticed a supply anomoly I hope someone can shed light on for me. I have a japanese carrier in the Med which is out of supply. I can upgrade and reinforce the carrier and aircraft while in an Italian port but the carrier's supply reamains at zero.

It seems strange that the Italians allow refitting and upgrade work to be carried out on IJN vessels but won't stock the larders or fuel bunkers. By design or by accident?

Thanks for the feedback and I don't necessarily disagree with the historical possibilities, I'm more or less simply referring to consistent game mechanics.

For example, since Germany and Japan are set to be non-cooperative majors this prevents them from operating air units back and forth as well as limits the use of ports.

The limited use of ports may make less sense in this context as they were likely to allow for what Pacestick describes above but let's say in the context of the USSR docking ships in the USA. Would the US be that cooperative to resupply, repair and upgrade a Soviet ship?

Again I'm just referring of the generic game mechanics that are in place once we set nations to be non-cooperative majors and not necessarily what might have happened in the war... so if we allow ships to receive supply, repair and upgrade in non cooperative ports then this would be the case for all non cooperative majors etc.