The weapons of the french ground army

the LECLERC tank :

Battle tank of the third generation, the Leclerc tank has, during the 1990s, replaced the old AMX 30 and AMX 30 B2. It equips all regiments of armored and mechanized brigades of the Army within the RC 80 (80 tanks Regiment) of: 1st Mechanised Brigade of Chalons-en-Champagne, 2nd Armoured Brigade of Orleans, 3rd mechanized brigade of Limoges and 7th Armoured Brigade of Besancon.

He was committed in Kosovo from 1999 to 2002 within the Kosovo Force (KFOR) and since the summer of 2006 in southern Lebanon as part of peacekeeping operations led peace Interim Force in Lebanon United Nations ( UNIFIL).

The crew of the tank consists of three men, a tank commander, a gunner and a driver.

Char lines stealth, it features hydropneumatic suspension and a particularly innovative engine (turbocharged V8 coupled to a gas turbine) which makes it very swift and enables acceleration from 0 to 32 mph in 5 seconds. Its armament consists of a 120 mm gun firing 52 caliber rounds called "boom" or "shaped charge", a 12.7-mm coaxial machine gun and a machine gun turret of 7.62 mm

mouvement-de-tourelle-pendant-un-deplacement-a-vive-allure.jpg

ERC 90 SAGAIE :

The ERC 90 SAGAIE is a light armored vehicle with 6 wheels, armed with a 90mm cannon. Endowed with good land and water mobility can fight in contaminated atmosphere. It is transportable by C130 Hercules and Transall C160

CREW :

1 head gear.

1 shooter.

1 pilot.

ARMING:

A 90mm cannon.

A coaxial 7.62.

1 7.62 superstructure.

4 smoke grenade launchers (DREB).

AMMUNITION:

20 90mm ammunition in the turret (OFL - OCC - OE - OPH).

2000 rounds of 7.62 mm.

erc90f4_sagaie.jpg

AMX 10 RC

The AMX 10 RC is a heavily armed reconnaissance vehicle, equipped with a very good mobility on road and off road, amphibious (except with overprotection), protected against light infantry weapons. It is able to fight in contaminated atmosphere and air-transportable on C130 after preparation.

CREW:

1 head gear.

1 shooter.

1 charger.

1 pilot.

ARMAMENT:

Main: 1 105mm gun turret under automatic fire control.

Auxiliary 7.62 coaxial machine gun 1, a machine gun turret and swivel.

AMMUNITION:

38 105mm ammunition including 12 turret.

4000 7.62mm cartridges.

16 charges for 4 smoke grenade launchers DREB.

AMX-10RC_Bahna_2005_ArmyRecognition_01.JPG

VBCI : véhicule blindé de combat de l'infanterie

This light armored vehicle, which the crew is two men (driver and chief gear-shooter) must allow the transport of a combat group with all its equipment (9 men whose chief tactic) by securing a significant level of protection, and should allow the landing closest to the target group of combat and be able to provide support with his arms on board. It is a 8x8 wheeled vehicle.

It is armed with a 12.7 mm machine gun mounted on a remotely-controlled turret and a 25mm cannon on a turret positioned.

LAND_VBCI_lg.jpg

VAB

The armored vehicle ahead (VAB) is currently the troop transport vehicles most prevalent in the Army. It is most commonly armed with a machine gun 12.7 mm caliber NATO infantry vehicles, is 7.62 mm NATO round on the roof to the other models, but it can also be fitted with a turret submachine gun with 20 mm or missile (VAB HOT).

Created to transport the fighters on the battlefield protecting them from shrapnel, splinters and NBC risks, it was declined in many versions.

VAB_HOT_France_02.jpg

Mathiasm, as I said in private you should stop spamming the forum with info about french scenarios (most of them being on the Repository) or french weapon, Even if it's interesting.

Do not create a topic per day, put all those informations in a single topic.

would have loved to see these in NATO before shock force concluded. Would have given modders a lot of scope.

yes, it will be great if it will include in the NATO addon of course , it is why I post these pictures :)

But I think that we could mod some of the Canadians forces to have something that could seems as the french army ?

FAMAS

The FAMAS is a french assault rifle.

The assault rifle FAMAS F1 is an individual weapon for close combat, that can:

- Shooting ball one by one or by gust, distance limited to 300m.

- Firing antitank grenades firing up to 75m ,e and antipersonnel grenade up to 300m ,

Maximum range: 3200m.

Practical significance: 300m.

Penetrates: all helmet at 300m.

DIGITAL INFORMATION:

Caliber: 5.56 mm.

Weight in combat order: 4.2 kg.

Length: 0.76 m

Capacity of the store: 25 cartridges.

Initial speed of the projector: 930m / s.

Rate of fire: 1000c / m.

Speed shooting practice: 100c / m

AMMUNITION:

- Regular bullet .

- Tracer bullet .

- Cartridge launch without a ball.

- Plastic bullet .

Training bullet .

famas.jpg

FAMAS_FELIN_G.jpg

famas_15.jpg

nice try but utterly pointless. NATO is in pre order status in case you did not notice, so there is exactly nothing major added anymore.

Ps.: dont take it personal, i find the FAMAS the most ugly assault rifle in the western world. even the british bullpop is a beauty compared to it.

Ps.: dont take it personal, i find the FAMAS the most ugly assault rifle in the western world. even the british bullpop is a beauty compared to it.

I agree with you . But the efficient of an assault rifle is more important than the beauty. Personnaly i know nothing about the bullpop .

The FAMAS i've utilised during my army training, it was a good assault rifle, easy for the maintenance, but i've never have another assault riffle in my hands .

The problem with the european 5,56mm bullet is that you can't terrify your ennemies with that.

The way of thinking of the french army is that an wounded ennemy is better than a killed ennemy, so.

nice try but utterly pointless. NATO is in pre order status in case you did not notice, so there is exactly nothing major added anymore.

i agree, and i have to say, a rifle must have some sort of beauty to it, maybe beacause its french...........

MINIMI

FN Minimi (Mini-gun) is a light machine gun designed by La Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (Belgium) in the 70s. This gun is chambered in 5.56mm NATO.

The MINIMI suppports the landed infantry with an antipersonnel firepower more effective than the FAMAS.

Its accuracy, good up to 600m, its autonomy in ammunition, high versatility and reliability significantly increase the firepower of an infantry battle group.