German and Dutch Leopard camo

Nicdain

Don't see a real problem here.

leopard2a6big08.jpg

Bundeswehr

dutchleopard2a6side.jpg

Koninklijke Landmacht

Of course, if one really wanted to split hairs about patches, he could do it about every Flecktarn pattern looking the same:

german7c.jpg

In real, every uniform looks a little bit different:

bundeswehrh.jpg

Could all be modded, but the more texture variants, the more loading time for a scenario.

From what little I understand of the topic, NATO (real world) camou was meant to be identical across nations in order to limit the ability of observers (satellites?) to track particular units. So a tank in a recon photo is a generic tank, not a Dutch tank belonging to X battle group. That original concept may have been degraded over the years as the U.S. insists on painting to fight desert wars and the number of satellite-using adversaries diminishes. Not to mention the vagueries of depot maintenance repainting. ;):D

What I meant with my topic (a mere speculation, I know ;)) is that the trailer videos show that the camouflage schemes of German and Dutch Leopard are *exactly* the same with the colour patches all in the same position and of the same size. I know that all NATO countries use the same camo scheme (green-brown-black), but the arrangement of these colour patches is probably different from country to country. So when I saw the two tanks one the exact copy of the other (apart from national markings), it seemed a bit odd to me...

But, as I say again, it is not a big issue. The fact is that while I am waiting for this module to be released, I am watching time and again the available media and subtleties like these arise sometimes

[...] I know that all NATO countries use the same camo scheme (green-brown-black) [...]

Camo goes after environment. Germany and Netherlands have Central European Woodland Pattern. North European countries and Greek have other colors. There is also urban camo patter, but I don't know if already in service yet.

Leopard2A4_Finland_02.jpg

Leopard2HEL-01.jpg

Leo2pso-02.jpg

Leopard2A7+KMW.png