Road to Dinas question

Played this campaign twice, and each time after the airfield assault scenario the game provides a "status of your forces" screen and tells you to hit ceasefire in order to advance to the next part of the operation.

But, when I hit ceasefire I get a result screen and that's the end of the campaign.

Some help/advice plz.

Oh bugger! So, I have to d/l the latest version and play all those 7(?) scenarios again for third time just to advance???? Is there a way to pick up at a later scenario?

I notice I have another separate campaign called "Perdition." Is that the continuation? Am hoping it is so I can start there.

Thanks for your xnt Red campaigns PT. Great training. I loved the Dinas campaign so enjoyed playing it again in the hope I could progress.

But re my other question, I don't want to play it a third time, so is there any way to pick up in the campaign where it crashed without replaying the first 7 scenarios again?

Is the separate Perdition Campaign the continuation, altho' one starts with 100% strength?

Erwin

It is possible to continue the campaign from a game save as per some trick that came with V1.20. Check the manual for how to do this.

However, the new FINAL Dinas campaign will feature a few tweaks to some of the existing missions. It's nearly two years old now and when I open up some of these missions in the Scenario editor, I cringe (especially 'Suib'). Not only that but I think it would be fun to add a Shilka to the Core Forces. Since you will need the NATO module to get the Syrian airpower, I might as well add this too. (The jury's still out on this one though as it might be better to put the Shilka in 'Hasrabit FINAL' with the Guards)

BTW, I will leave the original version on the Repository as I appreciate not everyone will want to buy NATO.

"It is possible to continue the campaign from a game save as per some trick that came with V1.20."

You mean v1.20 of CMSF or your campaign? I have been using the latest version of CMSF

(1.21? or whatever the latest version is.). So am confused re your instructions.

I would love to complete your terrific campaign based on what I have accomplished so far re casualties etc. But, not sure if I would play it a third time, Shilkas and airpower notwithstanding.

"It is possible to continue the campaign from a game save as per some trick that came with V1.20."

You mean v1.20 of CMSF or your campaign? I have been using the latest version of CMSF

(1.21? or whatever the latest version is.). So am confused re your instructions.

I would love to complete your terrific campaign based on what I have accomplished so far re casualties etc. But, not sure if I would play it a third time, Shilkas and airpower notwithstanding.

He means CMSF 1.20. Check the 1.20 manual, there's a way (that involves shift+clicking IIRC) to load a saved game into a new version of the campaign.

Well, it worked great.

However, I noticed that when I ceasefire the new scenario (the recon mission with BTR's, the first of the 2nd half of Road to Dinas) I noticed that I get the final results screen again, and no further scenarios. Do I have to use this technique now for every subsequent scenario in order to progress in this campaign?

Well, it worked great.

However, I noticed that when I ceasefire the new scenario (the recon mission with BTR's, the first of the 2nd half of Road to Dinas) I noticed that I get the final results screen again, and no further scenarios. Do I have to use this technique now for every subsequent scenario in order to progress in this campaign?

Uh, that's either a campaign design issue or a bug. Just to double-check, you only used the method with a save that was made between missions, right?

Woah! You finished Sulit Airfield and went to the Depot mission and then couldn't progress beyond that point, right? That was corrected a LONG time ago. Using the method outlined above, you should go either to SAM Hill or to Sagger Point depending on your success earlier in the campaign. What is the name of the mission you played after Sulit?

The first scenario in the 2nd part of the campaign is (for me) Sam Hill.

When that ended (early again!) with a Syrian Army (presumably mine) Major Victory, the game transitioned to SAGGER POINT (I am playing the linear version).

So, all looks to be working as advertised... Really enjoying this esp now I am playing new scenarios at last.