Installation defaults to My Documents?

I see that the Demo is doing this, does the full version also default to 'My Documents' ?

Actually UAC (User Account Control) protects the '\Program Files' or '\Program Files (x86)' directory and NOT the User directories to my knowledge. Installing and running the game from the '\Program Files' directory will typically require the right-click and 'Run as administrator' setting for Windows Vista and Windows 7 when UAC is enabled.

Defaulting to My Docs (or other user related directories) is actually the recommended way to do it according to Microsoft. As Schrullenhaft mentioned, certain other directories, especially the 'Program Files' directory are 'read-only' by default (starting with XP, although not enforced there), which is causing problems with, among other things, save games etc.