NATO question regarding Syrian small arms ammo

stoex

I noticed in the CM:A demo that BMPs in that game offer regular 7.62mm ammo for small arms as well as 7.62mm MG ammo for infantry to acquire (I forget the exact nomenclature for these ammo types, but you know what I mean). This is great!!! Will we be getting it with the NATO patch for CM:SF? Then we could finally rearm our Syrian squads...I kind of expect the ammo to be available on the new Syrian trucks, but will it also be incorporated into the BMPs?

You will get a lot of ammo from the Zil truck. Not only 7.62.

It doesn´t make much difference if the ammo is in the BMPs or in the Zill. Actually I think it is better to have them in supply trucks. You can have the trucks attached to any units you like. Also it is more flexible when designing missions. You can have trucks arriving a bit later as reinforcements, bringing more ammo to the troops.

-

Hey, you're right! I just checked CMA. Seperate designations for MG and assault rifle 7.62mm ammo. Boy, am I unobservant not to have noticed all this time!

Now let me check CMSF... (opening the game) Hmmm. I'm not at liberty to say, but I'll post a smiley face as an indication of my discovery :D :D

I won't call it excellent news, because obviously I don't wan't to get anyone in trouble regarding their NDA...so I'll just say thank you to Elmar for the clarification, and thank you to MikeyD for posting a happy smiley in the forum for no reason except it's always nice to see a happy face. I'll add one of my own :D. Have a nice sunny day, all!