Hello,quick question.

Hello everyone,just a few questions.I just bought the British module and am having a blast.I have had the Core game and Marine for a while and have really just started playing them.Due to trying to build a bussiness over the past year I have not played much,but I am really able to get into the game now that bussiness is up and running well and I have more free time.

I am playing all campaigns 1st mission of each module,then on to mission 2 of each and so on,trying to simulate the full war from all Allied sides and I absolutely am addicted to this game now.I do have a question,What is this CM Normandy I am hearing about?Is it a remake of CMBO with the CM2 ENGINE?When will that and Nato be released,or is that not known yet?

One question about Normandy,will CAS and Artillery be able to inflict friendly kills and will the be any kind of French resistance included as they played a huge role in the Overlord operation.The reason I ask about friendly fire is because the CAS and Artillery in WWII were not very accurate.

My Mom's brother was killed on June 8th after making it ashore and pushing inland by a low level B25 raid and this seemed like it was very common during the War.He was a member of the 4th ID on Utah and half his platoon was killed by the Bomber.Just curious how friendly fire will be handled .Thats all for now,thanks in advance.

(No doubt someone else will reply more thoroughly and succinctly by the time I'm finished typing this, but here goes...)

What is this CM Normandy I am hearing about?Is it a remake of CMBO with the CM2 ENGINE?

CM:N is a Normandy-oriented CMx2 game featuring US Army forces (excluding airborne troops) and Heer forces (German Army excluding airborne and Waffen-SS).

When will that and Nato be released,or is that not known yet?

CM:N: hopefully before the end of the year. NATO module: within 3 months seems likely.

One question about Normandy,will CAS and Artillery be able to inflict friendly kills

Not being a beta tester, I can't answer 100% definitely, but it's highly unlikely that CM:N will be any different than CM:SF in this respect.

will the be any kind of French resistance included as they played a huge role in the Overlord operation.

Doubtful, and probably for the same reason that no special forces (with the notable exception of Syrian SF) are included in CM:SF.

My Mom's brother was killed on June 8th after making it ashore and pushing inland by a low level B25 raid and this seemed like it was very common during the War.He was a member of the 4th ID on Utah and half his platoon was killed by the Bomber.Just curious how friendly fire will be handled .Thats all for now,thanks in advance.

Medium/heavy bombers were used operationally/strategically rather than tactically. Whereas at least some sort of fighter-bombers will probably be included, it's highly doubtful that medium bombers (let alone heavy bombers) will be included. It will, however, be possible to simulate such misdirected carpet bombing by pre-placing large craters on the map and specifying reduced strength and reduced morale for the units that (before the start of the scenario) suffered such "friendly fire".

CM:N is a Normandy-oriented CMx2 game featuring US Army forces (excluding airborne troops) and Heer forces (German Army excluding airborne and Waffen-SS).

A little clarification for finalcut, I am pretty sure US Airborne will be in the first release. As for German Airborne and SS...they will be included in a later module.

The Normandy game family will cover aspects of the Western Euro Theater up until the autumn. Eventually there'll be Brit (commonwealth?) units, the above stated SS and German Airborne units, Market Garden and a catch all module probably with lots of cool, rare stuff. What is in what and how it all comes about, remains to be seen but that is the basic plan.

Later you can look forward to a Bulge-to-the-end-of-the-war family of games. A Bunch of Eastern Front stuff...and eventually a CMSF-2 game featuring a temperate climate setting, most likely US Vs Soviet storyline.

Mord.