Fighter Intercepts

So with the last patch fighters now get 2 intercepts instead of 1.

Am I the only one who hates this change? When bombers went to 2 strikes it was the correct move to show their power but with the fighters it totally changes the game balance. I don't know maybe I am wrong but what do you think about this new aspect of the game?

Craig

I'm afraid I love it. With the loss of AA (rightly so on this scale) it got very hard to defend against TAC or regular bombers. If your opponent had a bomber, fighter and TAC you needed up to four fighters. Plus carriers get 2 intercepts and they have less fighters.

If your air is inferior it will take unsustainable losses doing 2 intercepts but otherwise its effective and appropriate.

I think this change also makes fighters more important than they were before, where multiple bomber strikes always got through, so it does change our purchase priorities and makes winning aerial superiority more important as a result.

If it also stops TAC bombers from getting too powerful then I think it will have achieved its objective.

Hi Biscuit,

Initially, way back when, we boosted Strategic Bombers to double strikes and loss evasion to help them get some attacks through but you are right it does negate this a bit with double intercept Fighters.

While it may nerf the effectiveness of Strategic Bombers a bit it does help a lot against super Tactical Bombers, as mentioned above, and this was one of the main reasons for the introduction in the latest build.

Hubert

Just an ideas:

create a new option for strategic bombers:

conduct day attacks (equal results -or better ones- but 2 fighter interceptions) OR

conduct night attacks (equal or worse results but only 1 or no fighter interception)