CMSF Tournament

Why has one not been started here? You have the 'cream of the crop' here regarding campaign / scenario / map makers. I am part of other sites that do run tourney's with this game but was just wondering why one has not ever been started here. I mean I can go to my neighborhood store to get my fix but hell if I travel a little bit further to the local WalMart it is that much better. Horrible analogy - I know.

I am not talking ladders or stats but just a fun tournament to get everyone together. I wish I had the skills to even start a quality tournamnet but I dont. Has anyone ever tried this here? Just curious.

Yep. I joined that awhile ago. SDP knows his @#$%! The detail he is putting into this is crazy. I dont know how he is doing it by himself. Kudos to him.

As far as a tourney is concerned, I was talking more about something quick and simple. More of a player vs player elimination or even a team based tourney where you play both sides of an existing scenario and combine scores since the scoring system is 'whack'. Use small to medium scenarios to keep the pace moving and not dragging out so people dont lose interest. We could also list a number of scenarios depending on how many people are interested and vote on which to use. Just throwing some things out there to see if this is feasible. Like I said above I admit I dont have the experience or know how in setting up a "quality" tourney. But I know many others here do and I was hoping this might trigger someone into setting one up. I would definitely help in anyway possible though.

Well, the link to OPNEM is already in the Weblinks section, under "Multiplayer Leagues".

As hcrof correctly mentioned it's still in development (and has been for some time...) No change though to the original plans - some time after the release of the NATO module the meta campaign is set to start. I'll be sure to get back with more news on how the campaign unfolds.

/sdp