What monitor resolutions work with CMx2?

What monitor resolutions work with CMx2?

Another birthday, another great gift from my woman... a new huge-screen 23" monitor.

I know I can change resolutions in the text file, but which ones are supported that work with a 16:9 aspect ratio? Or should I use a 16:10 and just have black edges?

On a side note, my Radeon HD4670 doesn't seem to support 1600x900, which would be ideal. 1360x768 doesn't come in clear at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Even though my monitor is 16:9, 1600x900 is not even an option I can choose from even with regards to my desktop. It will do full 16:9 HD mode, but won't do any other widescreen ratio.

What is the limiting factor? Drivers? Monitor?

EDIT: By the way, sorry moderators for tech support question in wrong place! My mistake.

Monitor is probably what will limit you to 16:9, but you'd have to check on the manual/box to see what the max resolution is. Your card should be capable of 1600x900 and I'd recommend updating your drivers if you haven't in a long time. What's the model of your monitor? Most shoud be able to do 1600x900 or similar.

I downloaded a utility called powerstrip and also changed a couple registry entries. I can now select 1600x900, which is the perfect size for me, but in Windows the fonts and icons are all blurry.

In windows, I'll either have to go with a stretched 1440x900 or the "too small for my eyes" 1920x1080 HD mode.

In some of my games however, I can now select 1600x900 and it looks great, while others still don't look right.

Also, I'm afraid to download the newest Catalyst drivers because of the problems with CMSF. Unless, ofcourse, that issue has been fixed where ATI users can't use higher than catalyst 9.3. I don't know what else to do. :(

generally the highest resolution you can do will give you the best and clearest ingame visuals. Only reason to run less than that ingame is if it hurts your performance.

Some people do not like really high resolutions for their windows desktop as it shrinks everything down to a tiny size, but this is not the case with CMSF in game, the menu may appear to shrink because of ow it was designed, but that's it.

That's why I want to use 1600x900. The native HD resolution is too high for me, so I've had to use large icons and increase my font size.

I installed the latest drivers. All seems well now. -And I set up my old monitor as a #2, so I've now got the super-fancy dual monitor setup. :D It's like Christmas! I'm basically just stuck with the high res.

I had assumed that if a game is deigned with a particular resolution, there is no point going higher.

ie: The quality of the image won't get better at higher than designed res, but certainly in CM, the text and buttons shrink to make em harder to read or use. I just wondered what is the highest res that CMSF is designed for.

I had assumed that if a game is deigned with a particular resolution, there is no point going higher.

ie: The quality of the image won't get better at higher than designed res, but certainly in CM, the text and buttons shrink to make em harder to read or use. I just wondered what is the highest res that CMSF is designed for.

Never heard of any PC game designed for a certain rez. I'm sure they do for console games though, since TVs only have a few different resolutions(HD and non-HD TVs). Hence, part of the console to PC port problems. But for PC, there's just too many people with different rigs and resolution preferences to cater to just one.