movement questions from newbie

I am a new player and have a couple of questions.

1) I don't really understand the relationship between a units action points and a squares movement cost. How can a ground unit with 1 action point enter a mountain square with no road?

2) Do special forces units have better mobility in mountains? In China they seem to be able to enter mountains where as normal armies cannot.

3) How exactly does supply effect movement?

Hi Warrenpeace,

1) We implemented a rule where a unit could not otherwise move forward would be able to move at least 1 action point regardless of terrain penalties but I can confirm that this has been changed for the v1.01 patch as the internal rules on when this will happen are admittedly very confusing to the player, i.e. it doesn't seem to follow any reasonable pattern.

The new rule going forward is that this special consideration for a minimum of 1 AP will only apply if the unit is literally stuck, i.e. cannot otherwise move at all, friendly units that can move out of the way will as a result not trigger the minimum 1 AP consideration

2) Is likely linked to 1) as I described although Special Forces do have an additional AP point over normal armies.

3) It can reduce your total AP points for the unit for the turn, there is a pretty good section in the Manual that covers all the possibilities under Unit Supply

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hi Warrenpeace,

1) We implemented a rule where a unit could not otherwise move forward would be able to move at least 1 action point...Hubert

One short question about this: Is it one action point or one tile you may move at least?