Hi

I am playing Fall Weiss as the allies. The game is at the end of Feb 42 and there is still no sign of the Siberian Troops. Does anyone know if there has to be some special set of circumstances that have to apply before they are released. Every other time I have played they seem to appear on map prior to the soviet winter striking.

It is dependent on how far into the USSR German units advance and these advances are then tied into key strategic areas. If you take a look at the UNIT script for the campaign you'll find an event titled USSR Transfers Siberian Troops and all the details are found in there.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that Bill already responded!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should try to "read" the scripts. I'm no programmer, but it is generally easy to understand. I'm not looking at them right now so I might be off but in general I think:

Has to be after 1941.

Germans have to get a unit by the mountains west of Moscow, by Moscow, by Kharkov, or basically any city North or East of those. I forget about Rostov. You are safe as the Axis taking Leningrad and up to Smolensk. If the axis move close to these areas I think there is a 40% chance every turn of the Siberian transfer.

The other thing is once the axis are within a square of the mines SW of Kharkov, USSR rebuilds the Urals and they start producing.

So advancing quick as the Axis just gets USSR prepared faster (to an extent).

The other thing that I find quite unfair is the US transfer of the Pacific fleet if Spain is in. If the US strategy is to hit Peru and then attack Spain, then the US gets 1000 MPP of stuff (Carrier, destroyer, battleship) that would take over a year to produce right away. I think if Spain attacks the allies this might be fair, but if the allies attack Spain the US shouldn't get as much.