MIssing Manual

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martyr:

This issue has been discussed. Do a search under "pirate."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't "pirate" CM, I bought it from an individual who purchased it from Big Time. He didn't like it, deleted it from his computer and sold me the CD. Now unless copyright laws have changed drastically in the last couple weeks, there is absolutely nothing illegal about any of this. Every licensing agreement for any software I've ever seen says something similar to, "You may permanently transfer all your rights to this EULA as part of a sale provided you retain no copies, transfer all the software, etc. etc." If I'm wrong I'll delete and burn the game. I'm not a "pirate" and don't care for the accusation.

Debbi Parker

"Kitty"

Kitty - you may not be the pirate, but the person who sold the CD to you may be one. Since they weren't kind enough to give you the manual it is possible that they copied the CDROM and kept the manual and then sold you the CD.

This is only conjecture however... so I could easily be wrong.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 08-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sheesh. I mean if I was really a pirate why would I even bother asking the question I did? Kind of like returning to the scene of the crime, don't you think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kitty I believe you are not a pirate. But boy I can tell you this - do not overestimate the intellectual prowess of your average pirate! They have tried some pretty ridiculous stunts here and elsewhere. smile.gif

"Hey.... uh... I got this game called Battlefront Combat... you guys, like, got oNlInE doX 4 it?! CoOl! LaTRz DooDZ!" eek.gif

Why Hello Mr. Pirate, please come in. smile.gif

The person who sold you a used CM and didn't include the manual really ought to send you the manual or refund your money though. It's not a complete game without the manual.

Charles

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 08-25-2000).]