battlefront_client.exe ??

No, not ever. For one, sending exe files in an email is a bad bad idea in the first place. Exe files get scanned and stripped by many email clients out there, even if there is no detectable virus in them.

Good to know,if anything similar to this happens again I'll be all the more wiser as to what's taking place.:)

I have Vista, so if i did go through with it, the Exe would have asked permission to access the internet and I would have known right there that there was something wrong.

Gmail for instance doesn't allow exe files, and iirc I have that account given to Battlefront.

I was surprised when I saw your site down, hope you fix everything soon.

Bty when I got to your site and said it was under mantainance it asked for the username and password, I didn't dare introducing mine, that was yesterday march 24th.

Yes, this was intended by us. We needed to exclude public access to the site while working on, configuring and debugging it. This will in fact probably happen several more times today.

No, not ever. For one, sending exe files in an email is a bad bad idea in the first place. Exe files get scanned and stripped by many email clients out there, even if there is no detectable virus in them.

The email did not contain the *.exe. It was a one-part text-only message (no html) with no attachments, giving the link to the *.exe on Battlefront's server.

It had two typical "Russian writes English" grammatologistics errors which could have given it away. No offense to the good Russian guys of course :)