That was darn nice of Unkel Joe's boys...

While playing the Russians I'm setting up a scenario with mines. It suddenly occurs to me all the signs on the Russian mine fields say "Achtung Minen"

That was darn nice of Unkel Joe's boys to spell it in German when that could have used the Cryllic lettering and confused everybody.

I haven't played CMAK in a while but did the Yanks and Brits do the same??

Over in CMSF do the Taliban call them IEDs too?

The Germans planted 21 million large teller mines alone (among many mine types). The Russians were occasionally as lavish (noticably, Kursk), but when the front was moving, in either direction, didn't have much time to do so. The Brits planted physically extensive minefields in the desert campaign, but most of the fighting avoided entire areas where they were; the Germans had to breach a line of them maybe 4 times all war.

Statistically speaking, then, if a defending minefield is being fought over it was probably German.

• 2 weeks later...