Re-install procedure for all modules

I have a new machine and need to re-install CMSF (DVD and download), Marines (download) and British (download). Could someone please confirm the procedure?

1) Install CMSF from DVD (and I assume I do not need to enter a license key) or install the download and enter the license key somewhere when it asks for it

2) Patch CMSF to 1.10

3) Then patch CMSF to 1.21

4) Install Marines from download and enter license key somewhere when it asks for it

5) patch Marines to 1.21a

6) Install British Forces from download and and enter license key somewhere when it asks for it

7) patch British to 1.21

8) Play and generally be happy...

sound right?

I believe it's much simpler:

1. Install CMSF from DVD

2. Install Marines from download

3. Install British Forces from download

4. patch to 1.21

5. enter license key on first run

I know that you certainly don't need to apply patch 1.21 three times. Just do it once after all modules are installed.

Correct!

First, you should unlicense your previously activated game. If you don't, then your license key will remain "linked" to that PC. While you can have one key be linked to up to two PCs at the same time, it is definitely better to unlicense if you do not intend to play the game anymore on that PC.

The rest of the procedure - slug has it right:

1. Install CMSF from DVD (or backed up setup file that you downloaded)

2. Install Marines from download

3. Install British Forces from download

4. patch to 1.21

5. enter license key on first run

Martin

Yes, Frank, we have updated the 1.21 patch to include the hotfix. It says so on the "hotfix" download page.

Thanks.

I know I must sound real stupid but I just see it for the Marines version of patch v1.21 and not for the British Forces version. That's the v1.21 patch that you use if you already have all modules installed. It's release date is still 2009-11-11.

But you're the boss. I'll take your word for it and. :)

The hotfix only applies to the Marines game, because it only updates the Marines campaign. Hence it's only mentioned on the Marines page.

The v1.21 applies to ANYONE, regardless of what modules they have. They all download the same patch, and the hotfix is applied for anyone whose "Components Update" selection includes Marines. You can take my word for it (however, make sure that you download from one of the links from www.battlefront.com/patches; not all outside mirrors may have been updated).

Martin