Suggestions for the future

Raynale

Hi,

first of all: I like EOS very much. Played Empire Deluxe and the Enhanced Edition times ago. EOS has very much inside I like in strategy games. Playing a few games, I have some suggestions for enhancing the game:

1. Airfields: How about a possibility to add an Airforce base to allow repairing aircraft ? Maybe the infantry unit that has built the airfield can be "consumed" for this feature ? Or basing an engineer unit (my point #2) on the airfield could enable repairing aircraft.

2. Engineer Units: They could be used to construct fortresses, mine fields and maybe Radar sites based somewhere outside of a city.

3. Trade Screen: Good progress was made so far. It's more intuitive right now. I miss an automatic balancing of trades, e.g. when you buy 100 oil from an opponent, his demanded price for the oil could be added automatically on my side as money to trade. Right now, I have to manually calculate the right price and add it by myself.

Best regards,

Raynale

Adding a vote for Rivers, Bridges and Bridging Units (although that last could be tricky).

Advanced patrol options for Aircraft, this would be especially handy in the early game where I am using fighters as scouts. At the moment they can only go out and return to base, although "repeat" can be used that only repeats that direction.

I'd like to be able to ~ go out North ~ return to base ~ go out NE ~ return to base ~ go out NW ~ return to base ~

What can I say, I'm lazy ;) only one command instead of three over six turns and it would be repeatable. Would also be handy for setting up Combat Air Patrols using one fighter to guard two or three cities.

Advanced sentry options.

~ Sentry for 5 turns would be handy

~ Sentry until repaired for grouped units (at the moment you can sentry invidual units but can't "sentry group till every unit repaired")

Borders for countries. I hate to have a series of units moving thru my lands, waiting for the time to pounch! Overall, still very good game.

Engineer units would be a great addition.

Railroads to move quicker on large land masses, with engineer units being able to build them and allow them also to be destroyed.

Advanced patrol options for Aircraft, this would be especially handy in the early game where I am using fighters as scouts. At the moment they can only go out and return to base, although "repeat" can be used that only repeats that direction.

I'd like to be able to ~ go out North ~ return to base ~ go out NE ~ return to base ~ go out NW ~ return to base ~

What can I say, I'm lazy ;) only one command instead of three over six turns and it would be repeatable. Would also be handy for setting up Combat Air Patrols using one fighter to guard two or three cities.

Advanced sentry options.

~ Sentry for 5 turns would be handy

~ Sentry until repaired for grouped units (at the moment you can sentry invidual units but can't "sentry group till every unit repaired")

You'll be happy to know that these three things will be added in the the next update.

You'll be happy to know that these three things will be added in the the next update.
Have you considered a change so that damaged units with "Sentry until repaired" orders ignore field orders? I hate having to change their field orders to 'none' when they're under repair, and change it back when they're fully healed. I've lost countless ships cause they attacked when they were repairing and very low on hitpoints.

Have you considered a change so that damaged units with "Sentry until repaired" orders ignore field orders? I hate having to change their field orders to 'none' when they're under repair, and change it back when they're fully healed. I've lost countless ships cause they attacked when they were repairing and very low on hitpoints.

Okay. I just added that to the next update, too.