John Tiller's campaign series?

noxnoctum

I have fond memories of playing West Front in 5th grade for hours on end, and was thinking about buying the whole series now... I never could beat the linked campaigns :P But then again, I have CM now and I'm worried the AI wouldn't be much of a challenge. (it was at the time, but that may be because I was 12 :P)

Does CM obsolete games like West Front/East Front 2 or is it still worth getting? How is the AI in that game?

Did they ever fix the dynamic campaigns? I liked that the most but in the longer games it'd get loopy. In a monster divisional NA campaign I received Mk VI light tanks instead of the Shermans I was expecting. Ouch!

Admittedly, I'm not sure I would dig out my CDs even if they have fixed the campaigns. Even with me getting my campaigning fix, the game is probably too dated now. I tired of Steel Panthers too, eventually.

I purchased the Campaign Series a couple years ago ( played Eastfront, Westront 10+ yrs ago ), but since then misplaced it. Looks like I may need to purchase it again soon...Always liked Platoon level gaming ( each unit a Platoon ) over any other scale. Still dont think I will give up my CMx1 Series.

Let me know if anyone is interested in playing this game in the near future. Still would need someone to help me through the PBEM process of Campaign Series.

Joe