Mahjor problem need help please

Kaspersky is giving you a false positive. Installs from CDs should be virus free and the files on our download service are also virus free (though they could potentially get infected - on your computer, not the service - if the downloading computer is already infected).

Turn off/disable Kaspersky and/or have it make an 'exception' for the Marines and British Forces installers. Make sure you have the latest definition updates for Kaspersky, but I highly suggest disabling it while attempting to install the modules.

Kaspersky is giving you a false positive. Installs from CDs should be virus free and the files on our download service are also virus free (though they could potentially get infected - on your computer, not the service - if the downloading computer is already infected).

Turn off/disable Kaspersky and/or have it make an 'exception' for the Marines and British Forces installers. Make sure you have the latest definition updates for Kaspersky, but I highly suggest disabling it while attempting to install the modules.

Ok thanks will try it

Yeah, yeah. Should have known. I updated my Paradox CMSF with the 1.21 available (not compatible) and failed. Trying to run it, I bizarrely got the same error as the other fellow - "trojan win32 Agent.decc"...

But after uninstalling and cleaning all traces with the RegEdit, I cannot upgrade to more than 1.08. As I try to install the Marines module form a CD, I'm back in square one with the supposed Trojan. I used to play without a problem with my 1.20 CMSF+Marines+British.

What to do? My spyware kit and other protection is working well, no threats found whatsoever. It seems that the 1.21 confused my system. BIG PROBLEM!! HELP!

Vesikko72 - At this point I suggest completely uninstalling CMSF. Make sure to unlicense if you're running the Gamersgate version and make note of your license key. Also if you licensed your Marines module, please unlicense it FIRST before unlicensing and uninstalling the Paradox CMSF files.

If you feel the need, scan your system completely, including the install files. Looking up the "trojan win32 Agent.decc" - the definition for this virus does not match eLicense's behavior at all. So assuming that the file didn't get infected from some other source, this is a FALSE POSITIVE. ELicense might get flagged by some anti-virus programs as a trojan because of its encrypting behavior, but it definitely isn't doing anything to any system files. I'm not particularly aware of any hacks to the eLicense code that would compromise it to do so either. However there is always the possibility that the files got infected from another source (the official download sites for the programs and patches should be virus free).

Once you've scanned the system and the install files/patches, TURN OFF your anti-virus program (if it is capable of doing so). Now install your Paradox CMSF copy. You can leave it unpatched if you intend to install the Marines module. Check to make sure that CMSF is working. Now with the anti-virus still off, install the Marines module. This should upgrade CMSF to version 1.10 AND it will change your CMSF executable to a Battlefront/eLicensed copy (that uses the Marines module's license key). After installing the Marines module you SHOULD NOT USE PARADOX PATCHES. Run CMSF and license the Marines module and check to make sure that CMSF + Marines module is working and up to 1.10.

With the anti-virus still off, install the 1.21 Battlefront patch and MAKE SURE TO SELECT "UPDATE CMSF + MARINES" in the drop-down selection box during the 1.21 patch install. Run CMSF and check to see that it is working and that the Marines module comes up (the icon in the lower left in the main screen) and that you're at version 1.21 now.

You should now be licensed with Battlefront eLicense for your CMSF install now. Turn on your anti-virus and run any applicable updates for definitions. If it catches and quarantines any files (and hopefully it will inform you when it does this), you'll need to set exemptions for the eLicense files and possibly the CMSF executables.

You may also want to notify your spyware/virus protection vendor that they may be inappropriately flagging ViaTech's eLicense software as a trojan, when it isn't.

yeh im still getting the same Trojan warning and kaspersky is stopping the game launcher. I have CMSF Marines and Brits. have already uninstalled and reinstalled whilst unprotected but will try the above procedure now.How do i unlicense the E license?

did a scan after uninstalling cmsf and checking the mods for virus and got this C:\Windows|mmfs.dll//ASPACK and then the trojan win32 Agent.decc as before. Kasperksy is taking special action.

para - did you license the Marines module ? I'm guessing that Kaspersky blocked that. If it didn't, then you will possibly need to disable Kaspersky again and perform the Manual Unlicensing procudure (Knowledgebase article).

Was CMSF a Paradox or Gamersgate version or the Battlefront version ? I'm assuming that it may be Paradox since you would probably run into the issue with the base CMSF game as you have with the Marines module. With the Marines module installed, your CMSF game is now a Battlefront eLicense executable and it will have problems running. This will require possibly uninstalling CMSF and reinstalling it to get the base CMSF game running again.

Kaspersky's forums indicate you should do the following when Kaspersky is giving a false positive:

Please send a sample to the Virus Lab (newvirus@kaspersky.com) with a "False Positive" subject. It will be corrected on the next signature update.

Have unlicenced and unintsalled the game. I have a paradox version.

Doing a scan atm then will follow your procedure for re=installing and see what happens.

Btw even when i told kaspersky to exclude CMSF as a safe program it still came up with the error and stopped it's launch.

If you cannot exclude an entire folder, then you may have to exclude CMSF.exe as well as the module exe's (if any).

I notified eLicense to talk to Kaspersky about adjusting their virus definitions.

Also, if Kaspersky is using "heuristic" virus definitions (in plain language: it's basically guessing at what could be a virus), disable that and see if it helps.

para - the file you listed is in the Windows directory and Kaspersky may not be associating it with CMSF.

The files 'Runservice.exe', 'mmfs.dll' and 'lcmmfu.cpl' (the last one may not be present) might need to be 'excluded' too (all in the '/Windows/' directory).

it mentions mmfs.dll and runservice. cheers will try that too

Vesikko72 - At this point I suggest completely uninstalling CMSF. Make sure to unlicense if you're running the Gamersgate version and make note of your license key. Also if you licensed your Marines module, please unlicense it FIRST before unlicensing and uninstalling the Paradox CMSF files.

If you feel the need, scan your system completely, including the install files. Looking up the "trojan win32 Agent.decc" - the definition for this virus does not match eLicense's behavior at all. So assuming that the file didn't get infected from some other source, this is a FALSE POSITIVE. ELicense might get flagged by some anti-virus programs as a trojan because of its encrypting behavior, but it definitely isn't doing anything to any system files. I'm not particularly aware of any hacks to the eLicense code that would compromise it to do so either. However there is always the possibility that the files got infected from another source (the official download sites for the programs and patches should be virus free).

Once you've scanned the system and the install files/patches, TURN OFF your anti-virus program (if it is capable of doing so). Now install your Paradox CMSF copy. You can leave it unpatched if you intend to install the Marines module. Check to make sure that CMSF is working. Now with the anti-virus still off, install the Marines module. This should upgrade CMSF to version 1.10 AND it will change your CMSF executable to a Battlefront/eLicensed copy (that uses the Marines module's license key). After installing the Marines module you SHOULD NOT USE PARADOX PATCHES. Run CMSF and license the Marines module and check to make sure that CMSF + Marines module is working and up to 1.10.

With the anti-virus still off, install the 1.21 Battlefront patch and MAKE SURE TO SELECT "UPDATE CMSF + MARINES" in the drop-down selection box during the 1.21 patch install. Run CMSF and check to see that it is working and that the Marines module comes up (the icon in the lower left in the main screen) and that you're at version 1.21 now.

You should now be licensed with Battlefront eLicense for your CMSF install now. Turn on your anti-virus and run any applicable updates for definitions. If it catches and quarantines any files (and hopefully it will inform you when it does this), you'll need to set exemptions for the eLicense files and possibly the CMSF executables.

You may also want to notify your spyware/virus protection vendor that they may be inappropriately flagging ViaTech's eLicense software as a trojan, when it isn't.

at what point can i install the brits module? cheers

Success!!!

I followed Schrullenhafts procedure and it worked.

cheers all

btw Moon my mate who ordered me the modules (marines & brits) was so impressed with the look of the game and what i told him about it,that he is now buying it.

ps surely i deserve a Normandy bone for that?