HEY! Artillery request DENIED

My understanding is that you don't need to restart the campaign, just the campaign scenario. Issues (like the one indicated) come up when you resume the campaign by loading a saved in-progress scenario and resume it.

I could be wrong on that but I have continued my Brit campaign after ugrading to the latest patch without any issues and I am three campaign scenarios further along since the new patch. No issues to report.

My understanding is that you don't need to restart the campaign, just the campaign scenario. Issues (like the one indicated) come up when you resume the campaign by loading a saved in-progress scenario and resume it.

Yes, I figured it would be only the scenario, but the amount of time it took me to kill that tank with a Javelin.

Thanks.

Make sure you didn't lose the squad leader. In the first marine campaign mission, I discovered that if the team leader goes, the squad cannot call arty or air anymore. Mind you, these are the sniper squads from the first marine mission, but maybe it's different with the proper full infantry squads because they have more team leaders.

I have also noticed that on a couple of single games that over the course of the game a spotter can go from red cross to green cross. I would select an FO have him call it in then a couple of minutes lated I would reselect him to call in another mission and all of a sudden all of his available artillery is shown as having a red cross. Then I would wait reselect him and it was back to green crosses. Is this some kind of feature to represent that he is too busy or is this a bug?

I have also noticed that on a couple of single games that over the course of the game a spotter can go from red cross to green cross. I would select an FO have him call it in then a couple of minutes lated I would reselect him to call in another mission and all of a sudden all of his available artillery is shown as having a red cross. Then I would wait reselect him and it was back to green crosses. Is this some kind of feature to represent that he is too busy or is this a bug?

I just noticed this too. I was wondering if it was command delay - because it does change after a few minutes. Also what do the green lights turning to red lights mean?

This is getting extremely frustrating. In a Brit campaign game I selected an FO in which all the artillery was denied. The artillery wan not being used had not been called upon for a while and was just idle. By chance I selected the rifle group in the same building and all the artillery showed up as being able to be called upon! Both teams has just finished running into the building were both 'tired' but yet the FO was the only one in which it was deined. WHAT GIVES!

And I've been able to resume my Brit campaign without any issues (I patched midway through the campaign before I started the next scenario). I completed the Brit campaign last night and I have not had any problem with artillery or anything else for that matter.

If it is a bug, it isn't universal. Perhaps someone else can try your campaign save to see if the artillery works. That will hopefully narrow down what the issue might be.

There are times when I have found artillery.air support to be denied when I call it in on targets that have not been spotted or properly identified. Or there is not much of a target there. If this is so I would consider the game to be behaving in a reasonable manner in real world terms as expensive munitions would not be frittered away on targets that are not really worth a fire mission.

Interesting - who are you playing as? I had this problem originally, so I restarted the entire campaign from the beginning and the problem was resolved.

I am playing as the British in campaign mode. It is the game where the Syrians counterattack when all you get is 1 Challenger and no other AT assets apart from Artillery. I replayed this game last night as I had lost, and I was able to use the FO's. I think this weirdness is not consistent but does make the game extremely frustrating when you have patched and started the campaign anew and this happens.