Modding idea

you can add uncons to blue...but not change anything else. you want to do a US civil war scenario?

Red Rawn is a movie most americans have seen, its a cold war movie where russia leads a communist invasion force of the US. I think it would be cool to try to replicate such a conflict using CMSF.

You can't change what weapons etc squads carry? I don't know anything about modding in this game.

yea i saw red dawn and if i remember right they had only stolen weapons towards the end but maybe the bolt action/hunting rifles. i cant remember seeing a M16 or similar. the all had AK74/RPK or PKM, not sure bout that, and a RPG 7, so this will work out with syrian fighters.

yea i saw red dawn and if i remember right they had only stolen weapons towards the end but maybe the bolt action/hunting rifles. i cant remember seeing a M16 or similar. the all had AK74/RPK or PKM, not sure bout that, and a RPG 7, so this will work out with syrian fighters.

Yeah but I personally couldn't play a scenario where my "americans" look and act like Syrians.

Not to mention I don't want to make Red Dawn into a scenario, I want to make a viable scenario set in modern times.

You can't change what weapons etc squads carry? I don't know anything about modding in this game.

You can change the model skins (so you can make them white, black, latino, asian, etc., instead of all looking like Syrians, and you can change their clothing patterns), but you can't change their equipment or the 3D model shape. You can set them to high experience, morale, and fitness, but the bottom line is that they'd still have Syrian weapons and no body armor.

Red Rawn is a movie most americans have seen...
It's a pretty sad flick. Wooden acting, improbable plot, silly background premise, puerile political propaganda, ridiuclous ending... but probably no worse than Dawn of the Dead, Batman or Ice Age 3 for a film-to-game idea.

I am surprised that you think "most Americans" would have seen it. It wasn't that good. Gone With the Wind, yes, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Inherit The Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, Young Frankenstein - these are films I can imagine most Americans watching. But Red Dawn? That's like saying most Americans watch South Park. Or Beavis and Butthead.

I think you disrespect the good taste of the average American.