Version 1.0.461 Available

Brit

Notable Changes/Fixes in the new version:

- Fixed some memory leaks, reduced memory use

- Faster AI

- Players can now see how many people are in the chatroom from the main-menu

- Players can tag others as friends, and see if they are in the chatroom from the main menu

- Thumbnail images on the 'Downloads' tab (inside 'Updates and Downloads'). This isn't fully functional yet, but you can see the Europe and Mediterranean thumbnails.

- Fixed a variety of bugs related to unit-repair and "sentry until repaired" orders

- Fixed a crash that occurs when loading certain files. Error in a compression algorithm.

- Fixed bug: Aircraft in aircraft carriers sometimes show up in 'idle units' list even though they have orders

- Fixed bug: Sometimes aircraft won't move if they are given orders to move to nearly their maximum range

Just for the record, still getting "freezes". Windows shows the program is still "running", but the only thing I can do is shut the game down from Windows. I cannot minimize the screen, can X the screen closed, can't do anything in the game, everything I click just gives me a "ping" sound and I need to control-alt-delete to get to Windows to shut the application down.

Bill

Just for the record, still getting "freezes". Windows shows the program is still "running", but the only thing I can do is shut the game down from Windows. I cannot minimize the screen, can X the screen closed, can't do anything in the game, everything I click just gives me a "ping" sound and I need to control-alt-delete to get to Windows to shut the application down.

Bill

On several occasions, TAB worked for me to get out of a freeze...

That's great to hear, I did not think they did. I did have plans launch from a carrier and then crash as the carrier moved during their flight. I'm thinking now that maybe the problem was the carrier moved in a direction that increased the flight path to a point where the plane crashed not because the carrier moved but because the plane ran out of fuel due to an extended flight. Assuming that to be so, players should just be careful of that when moving a carrier.

Bill

That's great to hear, I did not think they did....

The problem is still very much there. What I mean is that the planes seems to be tracking the carrier as they did in the release version, but when launching the go to the point the carrier was when the order was given and then simply crash there, regardless of fuel status.

The problem is still very much there. What I mean is that the planes seems to be tracking the carrier as they did in the release version, but when launching the go to the point the carrier was when the order was given and then simply crash there, regardless of fuel status.

That's exactly how I've experienced it too.:(

The good news is that this is fixed in the next update. The next update will be available soon. (Hopefully, within the next hour.)