Shadow Quality on Vehicles

Something that's always annoyed me is the quality of the shadows cast on vehicles. I'm running an ATI HD4870 with all details maxed out, with the latest drivers. As the pictures below show, the shadows as rendered in-game can be quite ugly (all of them are taken from the USMC Orchard Drive scenario). Is there a solution to this?

CMShockForce2009-11-2822-30-19-25.jpg

CMShockForce2009-11-2822-30-37-66.jpg

CMShockForce2009-11-2822-31-12-27.jpg

There is NOT a solution for this unfortunately.

Some posters in the past have postulated that there is a mathematical aliasing problem (or something to that effect) with the way the engine is rendering the shadows that causes the sawtooth/comb-like effect that is seen. I don't know the details on how that works or if it is something that will get addressed in the future. To my knowledge no driver will probably "fix" this issue.

There is NOT a solution for this unfortunately.

Some posters in the past have postulated that there is a mathematical aliasing problem (or something to that effect) with the way the engine is rendering the shadows that causes the sawtooth/comb-like effect that is seen. I don't know the details on how that works or if it is something that will get addressed in the future. To my knowledge no driver will probably "fix" this issue.

Thanks for the reply. Does this problem also exist with Nvidia cards? I ran the game for only a short time with an Nvidia card before switching over to my ATI card.