Save Games

cabal23

Are 1.20 saves no longer good in PBEM games if we upgrade? It seems like every time we get games going they come out with a patch destroying months of play time. Ugh! I know I could not install the patch or create multiple folders with multiple versions, but it would just be nice to not have to.

Readme says:

"PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

Save games created with version v1.20 of the game ARE COMPATIBLE with v1.21. Just make sure that you save them during the command phase of a turn-based game. Save games created with earlier versions (1.10 or 1.11) are NOT COMPATIBLE with v1.21."

So if someone sends me a 1.2 game I can open it and play it in 1.21? As a few posts above it says they have to be saved in the 'Command' phase.

I have a tourney games going that I really dont want to start again so can I get some clarification on this?

So if someone sends me a 1.2 game I can open it and play it in 1.21?

No.

As a few posts above it says they have to be saved in the 'Command' phase.

Yes.

Open PBEM game in 1.20. Save in command phase (not the replay phase). Now update to 1.21 and open the saved game. Continue and send to your opponent.

I just tried to continue a game in v1.21. It worked fine, until I realized that BLUEFOR units weren't able to call for their artillery anymore :(. The arty panel displays "Access denied" to the mortars for every unit.

Does anyone else have this problem? I understand that retro-compatibility isn't an exact science, so maybe there is a few glitches...