Mord's Cuss Mod Army

cussmod.jpg

Just uploaded to GAJ's site. May or may not show up here on the repository, whether or not BF clears it.

Had this one laying around since last year...figured I should go ahead and release it. It's not overly foul mouthed but if you don't like the F word among others it won't be for you.

This is a Beta version only because there is only one voice doing the cuss files..but it mixes in for the most part with the rest of the wavs.

I'd still be up for some voice actors for a version 2...if anyone's up for it Pm me.

Hope you like.

Mord.

P.S. Oh, and feed back is welcomed!

I found this mod to be hilarious, chiefly because many of the expressions are phrases I usually find myself muttering while playing. Now, with this all-important time saving device in place, I can focus on more critical matters.:D

There was another fellow (Nikita?) who released a similar mod some time ago, which also had some great voice files in it.

In the event you were seeking unsolicited feedback...

Given how sanitized the CMSF battlefield is, I love the direction of this type of work. That said, the timbre of the recordings sound more like a guy talking into a desktop microphone rather than an infantryman in a noisy, potentially chaotic environment. Keep the same great phrasing and technical quality but raise the sense of urgency in the delivery on the next version for added emotional effect.

All-in-all, a fun idea. Thanks for sharing. Hell, I'll bet we even have some foul-mouthed Brits, Scots and Irishmen around here to compile a UK version!:D

George:

I would be interested in hearing what you have. Are these files you would consider uploading?

I did some X rated files when I was doing the voice stuff for the Brit module. There were vague plans about releasing an X Rated mod but I think they have not come to anything. I'm not going to mod em but I have the raw sound files if anyone else wants to turn em into a mod.

@Chainsaw, thanks, glad you dig it.

@Peter, yeah the acting could be a bit better LOL. I'll work on that. I am looking to update it asap...actually I created it back in Dec 08, (I think Field Marshal Blucher had an alpha version of it), so it may be a bit stale at this point.

I've also got a couple more sound mods lined up and in the works, including an updated US Radio Chatter mod. The rest will be a surprise.

Mord.

P.S. George you've got a PM.

How exactly to install this mod?

I always thought dropping the File into Z folder would be enough, but

it doesn´t work for me...

I can´t use Zbees Mod manager, its broken for me and I just didin´t found

a solution yet.

any help would be much appreciated!

I really want those new sounds...

ps: brits sound mod also doesn´t work. It´s strange since other mods like

floating icons and terrain mods work flawless...

kind regards

biber

@George. Thanks bro! I am in a zone this week...have lots to make up for!

@Derbiber; They should work...the sounds just don't show up all the time...the wavs are cycled I think, so you won't hear them constantly unless you renumber them so they over write the stock CMSF wavs. Give a FAST order to your Army Squad in WEGO and save the turn. Make sure it's far enough to where they might shout some orders while running. Once you hear them shout something replay that portion of the turn over and over and see if you don't hear one of the cuss wavs.

And yes they go right in the Z folder.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...

@handihoc, Thanks man, I am having a great time making mods and getting back into the game. I was away all summer working in Maine and had no internet or computer access so it's been great plunging head first into CMSF again.

This new version of the Brit cuss mod should get you hearing lots more stuff.

@Seebee, try out the updated version I just uploaded...not sure if there's less F word usage or not but there's more variety.

Mord.