HOW TO: Use transports.

N3rull

If you're one of those UNLUCKY people who just can't figure how to use transports: read and comprehend.

Step 1.

Select a loaded transport and right click next to a shore.

Step 2.

Select the unit you want to disembark.

Step 3.

Right click the point you want them to disembark - the effin' circle.

Step 4.

Hold CTRL+right click where ou want them to go after disembarking.

noobsx.jpg

sticky this please, moderated to a more civil tone if need be. >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it depends. Sometimes you can just click on land and sometimes not. There seems to be some sensitivity due to terrain types that I've encountered. In general, with the latest build, you select the transport to dock and then you can select the troops to move onto land even while the ship is in transit. It works a lot better now than in the earlier builds. :-)

Do you even need to click on the circle? I thought once you've set an unload point, you can select a unit on the transport, click anywhere on the island you're unloading to, and the unit will automatically route via the unload point.

When this "how to" was originally written, you did have to click on the dropoff point, but one of the recent builds changed that to make it more convenient.

As Brit said, this thread I made when you still had to right-click the circle to tell the troops to unload there.

I was about to edit the post to make it more ... civil... on Brit's request, but I waited to see what he would change in the latest build in terms of transporting stuff. After I read the changelog I could no longer edit the thread.

edit. In fact, I think this thread is no longer needed, with the new process of controlling transports being so intuitive. I think it could be scrapped... if someone complains in the future, I will make a new, more official-sounding one.

• 3 weeks later...

<polite mode on>

To load a transport out of a city, select the transport, right-click next to the shore (to create a yellow circle), then select a ground unit and right click the circle.

<polite mode shell: critical error>

<system overload. call 911>

• 3 weeks later...

The demo tutorial still tells you to right-click on the circle to unload - probably isn't updated. This is a change for the better - if the transport was very close to shore, it was impossible to right-click the yellow cirle.

Anyway, shouldn't this post be un-stickied since it's no longer relevant?

• 2 weeks later...