The Next Step?

Does anyone know if there has been any consideration for a campaign game similar to the CMC concept for CMSF?

Has there been any consideration to having a Cold War expansion? People could fight the largest mechanized war that never happened! After all, it's mostly the same equipment as CMSF just a bit lower tech.

Has there been any consideration to having a Cold War expansion? People could fight the largest mechanized war that never happened! After all, it's mostly the same equipment as CMSF just a bit lower tech.

A Cold War "expansion" is probably not feasible; the amount of content and the change in location would amount to a whole new game (which AFAIK is not planned). What IS planned, however, is CMSF 2, which is probably years off at this point, but will pit modern industrialized nations against each other.

Also, why is this in the Scenario and Mod Design forum? :confused:

I think there would be a lot of support for a Cold war gone hot game. We all lived through the cold war (or at least the very end of it :)) and it would make for some amazing battles. During the 1980's both sides still had a lot of legacy equipment so a mid to late '80s game could simulate much of the whole war. M48s vs T-54 anyone? or M1 Abrams vs T-80? I think a lot of people would be shocked at how the west wasn't as strong as it is now!

M48s vs T-54 anyone? or M1 Abrams vs T-80? I think a lot of people would be shocked at how the west wasn't as strong as it is now!

Yes I was talking about the M-1 vs. T-80 matchup in the late 80's. That corresponds to when the west decided to equalize a conventional matchup against a Soviet invasion instead relying on the threat of tac nukes. Though 48's vs 54's could be fun as well. Anyway, I agree that there could be some amazing battles for those that enjoy fully mechanised warfare!

• 2 weeks later...

New to this forum and relatively new to CMSF and I woukld like to say, despite some of the critics, it is a great moderns simulation game. For future development and bearing in mind the technical issues it would be great to see something on a near future Arab Isreali War. Pitting Egyptian M1A1s against Isreali Merkavas as well as the Syrians as well as incorporating the intervention option for US and other powers could give some fascinating scenarios.

Since there qppear to be technical limitations limiting the game to the Middle East perhaps scenarios such as the Arab Isreali Wars between 1956 and 1982, a 1980s Soviet Invasion of Iran, the Gulf Wars of 1991 and 2003 could be a good way to go.

In terms of my other "wish list" items a version dealing with European conflict either during the 1980s or perhaps in the near fture, a Second Korean War, the Vietnam War etc would be nice to have.