My flood of recent forum postings...

c3k

...is due to the tremendous amount of time I am spending PLAYING v1.20. This game is really shining right now. I'm seeing a lot of TacAI decision-making which is spot on. From manuevering under fire, to gaining cover, to triage behavior when dealing with multiple casualties, it has all come together very nicely.

Thanks,

Ken

c3k:

I totally get where you are coming from - don't sweat it. I have a similarly themed thread running right now where I essentially preface it by expressing the same thought you just did. The difference is I was courteous enough to wrap all of my points into a single thread.:eek::D

There are several members of the CMSF community I have seen over the last few years who have done a brilliant job of positively pointing out the hitches in the game. I would consider you one of them.

The fact that a player can read the "fix list" for any given patch and check off items that he and others called attention to on the forum is a testament to both BFC getting things right, as well as the sharp eyes and knowledge of their fanbase.

Very true. I've had CMSF since its original release, but I haven't really played it much until I bought the BF and Marines bundle when it was released. It really is a pleasure to play now, and for the first time I'm actually longing for my next CM session. I fear that once the Normandy game is out, I might actually have to retire my social, family and work life in order to focus on playing the game. :)

I'm in the same boat as you guys, though probably less vocal about it. I pretty much shelved CMSF at 1.03 and really picked it back up at 1.10, now even better at 1.20. I knew they were gonna work out the kinks, this is their baby and pride & joy. ;)

Perhaps in the end, all the WWII fans which were disappointed with BFs move to modern warfare might be glad for it. Since the launch of CMN in all likelihood will be much smoother and more bug-free than CMSF was.