How many missions in the british campaign?

There are 16 missions if you take the southern route. I suspect the number of missions remains the same if you elect to head north into Damascus. Quite a few missions must be completed in under an hour. In my experience, it requires double the mission time to finish a RT battle versus about triple the allocated time to complete a scenario in WEGO. What can I say? I'm a voyeur who loves watching WEGO's pretty explosions. :)

Gameplay varies trememdously between individuals. There's those who will meticulously plot each waypoint between each turn, turning an hour battle into a whole night's fun. There's those who will fast-forward through half a battle til he gets to the 'fun bits', and then there's the rare guy who plays realtime, and only pauses to visit the fridge occassionally. Oh, and let's not forget there's 'replay guy' who will spend ten minutes rewatching that kornet strike against his Challenger from all possible angles. "D

Gameplay varies trememdously between individuals. There's those who will meticulously plot each waypoint between each turn, turning an hour battle into a whole night's fun. There's those who will fast-forward through half a battle til he gets to the 'fun bits', and then there's the rare guy who plays realtime, and only pauses to visit the fridge occassionally. Oh, and let's not forget there's 'replay guy' who will spend ten minutes rewatching that kornet strike against his Challenger from all possible angles. "D

Although I think there's more RT players out there than most think. Not just referring to the huge typical RTS crowd either. I like many others initially preferred TB playing with CMSF due to CMx1 days. But can now say I enjoy RT over it. Although I'm still down for PBEM of course.

RT affords great control and ability. As soon as my forces get attacked/ambushed I can immediatly pause and deal with it. Compared to TB sometimes your stuck watching a squad get wasted. Not the case in RT, bad moves can easily be salvaged.

Although I think there's more RT players out there than most think. Not just referring to the huge typical RTS crowd either. I like many others initially preferred TB playing with CMSF due to CMx1 days. But can now say I enjoy RT over it. Although I'm still down for PBEM of course.

RT affords great control and ability. As soon as my forces get attacked/ambushed I can immediatly pause and deal with it. Compared to TB sometimes your stuck watching a squad get wasted. Not the case in RT, bad moves can easily be salvaged.

I vastly prefer real time to turn based, not only because of the amount of control it gives but also because of the immersion value and the fact that I do a lot of my planning 'on the fly'.

...Yarp?

I'm an RT player that pauses when I need to decompress, which depends on the scenario. For Paper Tiger's scens that's often, as I get exhausted dealing with the immensity of the challenge before me. For others - I'm thinking specifically of one that came from MikeyD, I think, an assault on a village - I could never pause as everytime I needed to get up *another* horrific threat would pop up somewhere! :)

So yeah. Sometimes it takes me days to finish a scenario in RT mode, and sometimes I am left weeping within an hour's time.