IED's in H2H

Am I missing something with IED's? I have a scenario where in the single player games they work flawlessly, but when I use the same guys in PBEM they never detonate their IED's. I had a truck parked on top of a huge IED and it never went off, with the trigger man one building away looking right at him with his cell phone in hand and veteran experience. The person then drove away as I stood there frustrated. I even tried targeting a truck and all he did was start shooting his AK at the truck, thus alerting him to where he was. Any ideas?

This guy has had 90% success rate in the single player game. Every time I ran my trucks over those IED's at least one of my vehicles triggered it, usually the first guy in the convoy. I have played the same scenario H2H over five time and they never trigger with all the same settings and placement.

This guy has had 90% success rate in the single player game. Every time I ran my trucks over those IED's at least one of my vehicles triggered it, usually the first guy in the convoy. I have played the same scenario H2H over five time and they never trigger with all the same settings and placement.

Just a question .... you did 'activate' the IED right? If you don't right click and 'activate' the IED it will never go off. Just want to eliminate that as a possibility.

Now that you mention it.....no. I wasn't aware the TARGET button is how you activate it. When I do AI scripts in the editor you just set them ambush at X meters. I never had the op to use IED's in H2H. So this is a first for me. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I didn't know how to use IED's either so I checked the manual....and the info is there....I must have missed it all those times.

Left click on the IED and then click again anywhere on the map to set the IED for first vehicle to drive over it. Left click second time on specific vehicle to activate IED only for that target vehicle. Trigger man must be in good functional state to unleash hell.

Depending on activation device, there is a 10-20% chance the IED will malfunction.

Please note different rules apply for VBIED's.