Brit Bug Bugger

Firstly: Well done on the British forces module.

Secondly: I thought it good to have a thread to CONSTRUCTIVELY describe/discuss possible errors/improvements in/for the British forces module.

I will kick it off.

In the editor when loading an Infantry Eng. troop. three of the nine vehicles appear empty.

Are the crews missing or are they in other vehicles requiring manual distribution???

regards

satan

PS: Love the random new/damaged bar armour on the sultans in mech eng./arm. eng.

Hmmm... I'll have to look into the British Light Role Engineer issue. Something is definitely out of whack here. The problem we had is they are supposed to be loaded into Pinzgauers, but we didn't discover we needed something larger than a TUM until late in the process. At one point we didn't allow the TUMs to be overloaded enough to allow for a full Engineer Section to fit, so I doubled the number of TUMs. But now they appear to be all in three vehicles instead of the six I allocated. Either way it looks like I should delete three TUMs.

The Cease Fire issue is probably game wide. Haven't seen that one reported yet, but I'll forward it onto the testers to narrow down.

Thanks!

Steve

In the editor when loading an Infantry Eng. troop. three of the nine vehicles appear empty.

I took a look at this and was confused too. But I think I see what's going on now. An Engineer Troop has three Sections of 8 men each. Yes, one section will fit (rather uncomfortably) into a single TUM, but those three extre vehicles are meant to carry split sections of 4 each plus their equipment. The AI's not going to split your Sections for you so you have to do it manually.

My interpretation. ;)

[EDIT] - Ooops, Steve gave a real answer while I was typing my guess answer.

Also, I have noticed that the Brits seems to get mortar observers quite often without any artillery to speak of.

They're probably just an integral part of the HQ unit. I wouldn't call that a bug, necessarily. I find that with the Brits I end up with TONS of HQ-echelon guys on the field that just kind of sit there.

Vehicle behaviour issues: LMTV (armoured)

Whilst i was playing "The mouse trap" i had some vehicle problems.

The LMTV took fire to the turret? ( it was behind the high compound wall - Fire=Dshk 14.5mm), and the crew dismounted the vehicle (panicked?). thants ok i guess but not highly accurate.

* The crew were behind the wall but then disappeared (after action report showed 2 missing) not very accurate as they had friendly cover ( inside compound with other troops)

* With the crew panicked/missing and the vehicle still ok ( green glow) i was unable to reload any crew (drivers) for the vehicle. The result was that this vehicle was only good for resupply. Lucky i had put it in an accessable spot, did'nt matter i still lost!

Can this be fixed?

Is it just the parameters for this new LMTV or was i just unlucky?

PS: thanks to all for explanation on TOE issue.

If a unit has something like an air controller or an artillery team they get it 100% of the time, unless the scenario designer deletes them. Battalions, and generally Companies, have integrated artillery that come with their units unless the scenario designer cuts them out. Air, however, is completely separate and must be purchased/added specifically. If you look at US units, especially Stryker formations, you'll often see JTACs in a game without anything to do. There's not much we can do about this, so we're not going to try ;)

The Syrians, on the other hand, had the opposite problem. And that was a general lack of organically assigned FO units. In this case you could purchase, in a QB, artillery and find that you had nobody to call it in. We fixed that quite awhile ago by making sure that there was at least one unit capable of calling in artillery.

Steve

Satan,

The LMTV took fire to the turret? ( it was behind the high compound wall - Fire=Dshk 14.5mm), and the crew dismounted the vehicle (panicked?). thants ok i guess but not highly accurate.

That's a VERY heavy weapon. The choices are to sit there and get ventilated or to abandon and not. I think most crews would see the wisdom of not dying for no reason :) The system does take into consideration the power of incoming rounds vs. the ability to defend against them. Overmatch situations causes more dramatic action. If your LMTV were hit by 5.56 I doubt the crew would have bailed. I doubt the truck would even back up out of the line of fire, even.

* The crew were behind the wall but then disappeared (after action report showed 2 missing) not very accurate as they had friendly cover ( inside compound with other troops)

Ah, then they really did panic! Not the usual result, or shouldn't be, but it is entirely possible.

* With the crew panicked/missing and the vehicle still ok ( green glow) i was unable to reload any crew (drivers) for the vehicle. The result was that this vehicle was only good for resupply. Lucky i had put it in an accessable spot, did'nt matter i still lost!

It's not totally accurate to have wheeled vehicles with automatic transmissions only useable by dedicated crews. True. However, we sometimes have to balance one bit of realism against another. We don't want unrealistic behavior for recrewing of vehicles/weapons. So we're careful which vehicles we allow to be recrewed by just anybody. We'll see if we keep it this way for the LMTV or if we allow it to be more flexible like the Humvees and TUMs.

Good news is that a good condition vehicle without a crew gets full points for you. Crew losses are counted separately. Obviously the worst combo is total vehicle loss and total crew loss.

Steve