Thank you for item 2 in v1.20: flashing icon

(Totally parenthetical comment: I include this only to respond to Piecekeeper. The original thread contained that request - that icons flash if the unit gains suppression levels. I am sure there are good reasons for not expanding the flash to occur with other actions. I have not seen v1.20, so I am unqualified to make ANY judgments on the flashing icon implementation. However, I am sure it was not a trivial decision, and I can suppose that it took some work to make happen.

Of course, in my dream world, the flashing icon would change based on what happens; the worse the hit the unit takes, the higher the imperative flash. Regardless, I am VERY pleased to read that this has been done!!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

Some addenda to my "thanks", above. How about, "Thanks, can we modify this?"

The flashing icon for men being wounded is over too soon. As well, the flash type is a bit too subliminal. Yeah, I know, I run the risk of being accused of getting something and then asking for more. However, follow my reasoning, please.

The flash is 3 seconds in duration. It is (seemingly) the same color and repetition rate as the flash you get when you select a unit. If you're Blue, and you select a squad, the selected squad's icon flashes green (alternating with the original blue). Right now, that's exactly what happens with a unit getting a casualty.

Is there any way of increasing the duration of the flash? Say, 10 seconds? Also, changing the frequency of the flash may help. As well, can the color be changed? If it could alternate from the original (blue or red) to black, that would stand out... If, in wego, the unit has sustained a casualty (brown, red, or yellow) in the just finished turn, could the icon stay the flash color? (If it flashes yellow for 10 seconds when a casualty occurs, can it illuminate steady yellow at the end of the replay. So, blue for 23 seconds, a casualty occurs, flash until 33 seconds, revert to normal until the 60 second mark, then turn and stay yellow.)

And, as long as I'm waxing on about this, could it be used for YELLOW casualties? (I may be missing it, but it seems that you don't get notified of light wounds.)

Thanks,

Ken