Night Battles-Help !!!

There's an alternate solution. Assuming its a scenario you can alter, change the weather in the editor to clear if its overcast. And try out different scenario dates, see if you can stumble on a moonlit night. A moonless overcast night you can't see your hand in front of your face (like in real life) A clear night with a big full moon its almost bright enough to read a newspaper by. :)

I just checked - According to the almanac try June 19 for a full moon, about 20:20 hrs.

[Checking] - WOW! This game is really something! Moonrise just about on the dot. The moon sets just about sunrise so it'll be nice and bright all night long on the 19th/20th.

I just checked - According to the almanac try June 19 for a full moon, about 20:20 hrs.

[Checking] - WOW! This game is really something! Moonrise just about on the dot. The moon sets just about sunrise so it'll be nice and bright all night long on the 19th/20th.

I just checked. Can't believe BFC couldn't be assed to include constellations for celestial land navigation. Really takes away from calling this some kind of serious wargame

:)

You think you're kidding - I have actually 'virtually' lay on my back in a CMSF wheatfield and was able to locate the north star and Big Dipper. :) I think I recall the VERY first thing ever announced about the CMx2 game engine, years ago, was that Charles had constructed a 'world' with correct seasons, earth rotation, sunrise and moonrise, and all the proper constellations in their proper place. Which means by the time we get to the Bulge battles there's going to be precious little daylight for us to fight in each day.

Ok,

Can't believe I am actually going to go home tonight and look at the stars on my computer....

...that is a pretty cool feature...

... course I'll be pointing to the big dipper when <CRACK> my lead element will go down to sniper fire...

...death under the stars... not a bad way to go....

You think you're kidding - I have actually 'virtually' lay on my back in a CMSF wheatfield and was able to locate the north star and Big Dipper. :)

Yes, I was kidding. I didn't think they'd actually include something like that, but was actually trying to parody incessant whining about details no one cares about.