Hiding & Spotting

2nd mission at the airbase in the Thunder campaign. Surprised to see lots of enemy hiding out in the open with zero cover go unspotted. I've got loads of units on rooftops with binocs, ranges from about 50-500m. Same thing with Strykers, even had enemy unit hiding like 30m right in front of AFV hiding in open but he can't spot him.

I of course did a cease fire to see all this and am surprised to see lots of units unspotted in the wide open tarmac. I guess my question is, do I have to baby sit some units and use cover arcs to increase spotting ability? I mean it's one thing not to be able to spot units hiding in foilage, craters, buildings, rubble, or whatever. But laying on a flat open paved ground and being able to stay hidden, doesn't seem right.

2nd mission at the airbase in the Thunder campaign. Surprised to see lots of enemy hiding out in the open with zero cover go unspotted. I've got loads of units on rooftops with binocs, ranges from about 50-500m. Same thing with Strykers, even had enemy unit hiding like 30m right in front of AFV hiding in open but he can't spot him.

I of course did a cease fire to see all this and am surprised to see lots of units unspotted in the wide open tarmac. I guess my question is, do I have to baby sit some units and use cover arcs to increase spotting ability? I mean it's one thing not to be able to spot units hiding in foilage, craters, buildings, rubble, or whatever. But laying on a flat open paved ground and being able to stay hidden, doesn't seem right.

Sounds like you ran into the save bug that has plagued myself and others:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=86338

Thanks alot for posting that akd. Yup, that's gotta be the same problem, your last screenshot posted was very similar. There is alot of infantry right outside buildings, been wondering a few times, "Shouldn't they be hiding in the building instead of the wide open?".

For verification, I just tested it out myself and it is in fact a bug. I'm guessing the dislodged units are still getting hidden bonuses from being in a building, even though they're in open ground.

It only happens when you load a saved game from the setup. Kind of a bummer for me really, I just played through the entire battle, kind of a waste of time. This bug should be clearly stated(sticky thread) so players can take action to avoid it. It effectively turns a scenario into a cakewalk, ruining it.

Edit: I bumped your thread, surprised to see barely anyone even notice your thread.

Arn't those units insurgents? I think the civilian levels are high. Thats how I took it anyway - a crowd of people milling around the airbase who have insurgents within them.

It's an abandoned airbase, and the infantry are Special Forces.