Must-Have Mods for CMAK?

I've just purchased CMAK and DL'ed the 1.03 patch.

Now, I'm simply overwhelmed by the number and variety of mods out there...

Can someone suggest a few of what you consider the "must-have" mods and tweaks to this game?

I'm more interested in things that make the game more realistic or make it play better, than in zillions of more skins, oddball vehicles, etc.

Firstly the game is hard coded so no mod will alter the play of the game. Mods will only alter the look of the game but you can make it look and sound more realistic.

Ok This is what you want:

McMMM mod programme so that you can keep trackof everything.

Nisseuh JuJu and Pat for terrain

MikeyD and DavidI for your main vehicles, Pat for DAK (HeinzBaby, Gaut, Vossie, Frontschwein for variety)

AndrewT and DavidI for infantry

Tarkus Dirty Olive user interface

DAF or Uncle Tgt for mystery vehicles

DAF Denser Dust

MikeyD Skies

Malakovski Dusty and dirty bomb

Phillippe exit markers

Pat sandbags

Father of None sound mod

To play Europe 1940 you can mod the game using CM West mod set.

To play Europe 1944 you can use CM Normandy mod set.

You can get your mods at http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods and can get scenarios at the Scenario Depot at http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/. If you look for Der Alte Fritz as designer you will find the Sorted Scenario Packs there which will give you 1300 decent scenarios.

cheers

I totally agree with this list, to have the "best looking experience".

For pure 'ease of play':

- Grids

- Schonhult Crater: nice to know which craters are "real".

- GaJ High Contrast Barbed Wire, if you play with bases off and don't want to miss spotting wire.

- GaJ High Contrast Arid Rocks, if you're playing in the desert and it drives you nuts when your tanks hit rocks that you didn't spot.

GaJ

And GaJ

For the desert grids are essential, the triangulated ones by Rocketman are excellent. Its pointless playing the desert without them particularly as CMAK is unrealistically harsh on advancing infantry without cover that the dips and waves in the terrain may provide.

Which the grids show, lost without them.

I've just purchased CMAK and DL'ed the 1.03 patch.

Now, I'm simply overwhelmed by the number and variety of mods out there...

Can someone suggest a few of what you consider the "must-have" mods and tweaks to this game?

I'm more interested in things that make the game more realistic or make it play better, than in zillions of more skins, oddball vehicles, etc.

Try a search, you'll get a lot more feedback. Since this question pretty much get's asked on a monthly basis year after year.