Two new ways to solve our dual OS woes

The newest issue of MACWORLD (not yet in stores) tells how to do all sorts of Mac upgrades and mods,

one of which is how to build a Mac clone for about half of what an equivalent G4 tower costs. Even more exciting, someone on one of the Mac feedback boards provided this amazing link

http://www.2khappyware.com/order/

Powerful Mac clone kits and finished units, in a range of configurations!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ July 08, 2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

CoreComputers (Case/MB kit seller) notes Supplier Problem - April 2003

CoreComputers/2kHappyWare has a note on the web page that their previous distributor of components (like the Apple motherboard and Pwr Supply I assume) for their CoreCrib kits can't provide them anymore due to contract issues with Apple. The page notes they are searching for another source for the components. (When the MDD Copper heatsink swap article was posted here last month an Apple parts dealer told me he cannot sell to other than end users - i.e. can't sell to non-Apple authorized dealers that resell the parts.)

www.xlr8yourmac.com

www.xlr8yourmac.com-all on CoreCrib