"RPG eye" Is it real or made up?

that could only result in him being killed

I once ran across a list on the net of real 'medical consequences' to the stuff that always happens to heroes in acton movies. You know, stuff like jumping off roofs or rolling out of cars or getting stabbed or shot or even punched in the nose! It was kind'a funny to read in a horriffic way. What's the average life expectancy of a professional football player lineman now - 52?

To cite one example of the kind of thing you're talking about, MikeyD -- in The Punisher (the one with Thomas Jane), when it came time to do that stunt where Frank Castle drives off the bridge, they had to rig up the stunt driver so that his spine wouldn't collapse with the impact of the car landing on the opposite half of the bridge. And, of course, they had to rig up the car so it wouldn't fall apart on landing.

On the other hand, stuff that happens to guys in action movies who aren't the hero are usually exaggerated. For example, shooting a pistol (even a .45 ACP) at a guy and scoring a hit (even center mass) doesn't instantly (or nearly instantly) kill him. Thirty-nine times out of forty, in a movie, the hero needs only use one bullet for each thug/henchman... and he usually has more rounds per magazine than would fit in two pistols. :rolleyes:

Hollywood was ALWAYS mentioned in my training, and ALWAYS in the context of non-realism. The other main reference was John Wayne, which is Hollywood related. Don't wear your gear like you're John Wayne, and your rifle isn't full of Hollywood magazines.

The next time I see "The Rock" diving from an explosion, I'd like to see him get up with blood coming out of his ears and his ass full of shrapnel.

If they're gonna spend so many millions of beautiful fiery explosions, then they could at least try to make is somewhat realistic. To me, that tells the story better.

If they're gonna spend so many millions of beautiful fiery explosions, then they could at least try to make is somewhat realistic. To me, that tells the story better.

But explosions in movies are not high explosive anyway. If all real bombs were just drums of petrol and a little pot of black powder, the rock would be ok too.

I figure I can't be the only one who saw that Mythbusters episode where they rigged up a car to explore, first in the Hollywood fashion (basically a fireball which left the car otherwise intact), then in the real-life fashion (a definite boom, blowing the car to smithereens and sending those smithereens flying for a couple hundred yards). :D