German Heavy tanks level 5 research

what difference does it make? by the time you get it, the allies will bomb them to oblivion anyway. lol..

seriously, the current game i'm in, i've had 3 chits just to get level 3 heavy tanks since forever. nothing. naturally, the russkies had em since i invaded. now they have level 4 aircraft too. it's only 1942 for christ's sake! i noticed the americans came in with p51s (not sure what level that is)

Zukkov, I've been playing this game for a while, and well it's annoying to know that I'm not certain what this tank is. I know every other tank/bomber/fighter unit type except for that. I learned most of them by playing CMAK and CMBB. BTW the Mustang (P51) is level four advanced aircraft (the Mustang was quite a marvelous aircraft that we built and with B 52 to accompany them we made every enemy of the United States pay dearly for attacking us and going to war with us).

thanks scotty. yah, i figured the p51 was level 4. it's just that it was too far away to see the number below it. i too have played cmak/bb/bo many times. oh and btw, the bomber the u.s. used in england was the b17. if i see b52s show up i'll register a formal complaint. lol..

Thanks Bill I thought it was the Panther, it's just because of the size of the image being so small I wasn't sure if it could have been the King Tiger which imo is more than a deserving candidate for Germany heavy tank level 5 research.

Zukkov, Your right and I just made a stupid mistake by saying B52, although if I was playing as the Allies I would be more than happy, to use B52 against the Axis, but I was wrong, and I meant to say B29.

arado, That was the earliest I every got ME262 as well, the only problem was in that game I only had level 1 heavy tank research by 1942, but by the end of 43' I had level 5 heavy tank research.

Tiger. That's one of the main reasons I thought it could have been the Tiger II (King Tiger). Which would make sense if you think about it. Tiger I= level four research while Tiger II= level 5 research. Although It's still understandable that the Panther would be level five, because of its slopped armor design.

the panther was a main battle tank, technically a medium. the tigers were actual heavies. i agree, the king would be the better representation for level 5. since the game goes to 47 maybe ole hube will put in some stuff that never made it for a possible level 6or 7 in the next game...

finally did get to level 3. looks like a mkIVG?

while i was patting myself on the back for taking all of the historical objectives(leningrad/moscow/stalingrad), the allies decided give me a present by invading sicily and france simultaneosly. i'm glad no one was here to see a grown man cry... lol.. had to use mr. peabody's wayback machine and start from a saved game the year before... hey, it's not cheating! it's called learning... :-p

yep level three is a mark IV. Zukkov to be honest I agree that it should be the King Tiger, but I don't think I'm going to complain about it, because it really doesn't affect the game at all. However not knowing for sure after a couple of years of playing these games it does begin to get a bit annoying, that you don't know what it is. BTW the Allies invading Europe is an opportunity to destroy them it shouldn't be something to cry about, and you were given a gift to destroy them on two fronts instead of the usual one. You must realize that when you play as the Axis you need to play with pride as you're representing Hitler and if you don't represent him good you will be shot!

Hubert thanks for the clarification, but to be perfectly honest with you I've experienced the exact opposite of what you said in a couple of games. Not in PT as there is never a chance to really test it, as most of the majors are already activated, but in WAW I've noticed that the USSR (at 0% Allied) can get level four heavy tanks along with 3 advanced aircraft, level 2 infantry and anti tank weapons, etc all at 0%. The 0% should mean that she gets only what she invested in, and what she already got, but to be perfectly clear I did this on Fall Weiss and I didn't touch anything relating to Soviet research. From there I kept the USSR at 0% throughout the entire game, but she got all these breakthroughs by mid 43' and I declared war on her in early 44'. The reason why I attacked her so late was, because I was going for a complete Axis Victory script I incorporated into the game, the side reason was that I was scared to attack this neutral country which had better research or equal levels to my own.

100% neutral doesn't produce a single MPP after the Allied turn is over. The word “keeping” in that sentence was meant to imply the point that it stayed that way for the duration of the game, until of course I DOW war on her. Although what I noticed was the AI got some spare MPPS at the beginning of the new year (throughout the game). This however wasn't a reasonable amount though to get all the breakthroughs I mentioned above, it was around 70 MPPS. Sorry for not being clear, please let me know if you need any further clarification.