ATGM Deploy Weapon Error?

I have noticed that in v1.11 that some time I do not get a deploy weapon option for some Red ATGM. So they sit there until they see something worth killing and then start deploying:confused:, which takes ages in PBEM games. Is this a bug anyone else has noticed and will it be fixed in v1.12?

Thanks to BFC for British screen shots.

Paul

pkjsmith,

You cannot give a deployable weapon the order to deploy while you are ordering it out of a vehicle. Could this be your problem? If so, the deploy order can be added to whatever chain of orders you have given the unit once it has exited the vehicle. Otherwise I don't know :)

During Set phase:

Red or Blue deployable weapons are set to deployed at setup. When placed in a vehicle they are no longer in deploy mode. If given a move order you should remember to click off the deploy button. Otherwise they'll have to break down their weapon before moving.

After setup phase: When giving a movement order (including dismount and move to X) click on the triangle end of pathing. It will turn round and brighter. Now click on deploy. Your deployable unit will move to that point and start to deploy it's weapon. Once that is initiated you can give a follow up facing order as needed.

Hi thanks for replies, as no one else has seen this bug, it might be an installation bug on my computer. The bug is not happening because units exiting vehicles, here is a screen shot from PBEM game of FISH Battle, which has no red vehicles. I am moving my ATGM to a roof and as you can see from screen shot, no Deploy Weapon option is displayed.

post-29224-14186762107_thumb.jpg

Can anyone explain it?

Sorry for pic size as i could not work out how to post in full size.

Thanks. Paul

I think I saw this on AT-14's too in 'the thin black line'. However they were deployed already during setup and I didn't need them to move after setup, so I didn't really bothered :D

However I noticed the absence of the 'deploy' icon, which was available for AT-13's in that same map. Reading your post made me remember the issue. Ill check again.

Is AT14 able to be shoulder launched as well? I could be wrong as usual but maybe deploying the launcher is really easy to do and not worth a seperate icon for? Yea, it's pretty out there for a logical explanation so feel free to jump in with both ironshod feet all you ATGM grogs.

Last time I had this problem was with an AT4 in setup. So if I am right I should have been able to deploy any heavy weapon, as long as I am on suitable ground, so there should be a weapon deploy button, but as you can hopefully see from attachment, that it is missing. Aren’t you supposed to get a weapon deploy button for all heavy weapons when in a place they can setup in? Do ATGM automatically setup in game even when they do not have a target in sight?

post-29224-141867621071_thumb.jpg

No, the AT-14 cannot be shoulder launched and has no deploy button (at least in 1.11). The AT-13 can be launched from the shoulder (according to manual, I wouldn't try myself ;) ), and does have a deploy button.

Good point, mate.

I knew one of the buggers was shoulder launch capable.