the new patch

Is there anything in the new patch that effects my mps. I am in June 1944 as the Japanese and my mps have dropped dramatically from 185 on march 1942 to 59 in 1944, China surrendered 6 months ago I have not lost any cities or ground anywhere since China surrendered or any time before that, I am talking about the column with Japan in it not what the convoys of other lands that I am supplied with. At this time in games before the patch my mps would be in the six hundreds now its in the three hundreds which severley effects my ability to make war.

Willy

Thank you Sea Monkey for getting right on my post but what I dont understand is why my mps dropped from earlier in the game by quite a bit, you are right about the modifiers changing, but why would they [MPS] be way higher in the first year than in the third year when I have gained so much more territory.

Willy

Hi Willy

Did you start this game after installing the new patch?

The changes to Japan's industrial modifier and fixing the post-surrender Chinese convoys will not have caused any drop like this to Japan's income. There must be a different cause.

I've not had any problems like this in my own games, so it would be handy if you could send me a turn to Bill@furysoftware.com so that I can take a look, along with any password if applicable.

Thanks

Hi Willy

Did you start this game after installing the new patch?

The changes to Japan's industrial modifier and fixing the post-surrender Chinese convoys will not have caused any drop like this to Japan's income. There must be a different cause.

I've not had any problems like this in my own games, so it would be handy if you could send me a turn to Bill@furysoftware.com so that I can take a look, along with any password if applicable.

Thanks

Hi Bill the game was under the new patch, I restarted and the Japan mps seeem to be going up slightly hanging in around 150 mps but last game they went from 250 down to 59 where they stayed for about 3 months and I had lost no ground to anyone. It was frustrating with nothing to build with. I played with production delay on and unit limits on.

Willy

I'm still confused because Japan's income should only go down if it's either lost territory, having its convoy routes interdicted by submarines, or the ports its convoys use bombed or captured.

I wonder, is the enemy stopping your convoys from working via the above?

If not, I really need to see a turn to understand it.

Bill 101 I sent you a game save to show you where my income dropped quite a bit after I captured China, at the top of the column which show mps is Japan and underneath are all the income from other countries via convoys, it is the top one that shows Japan that has loses of over 100 mps after the surrender of China, and every move after that. WHY!

Willy

Hi Willy,

I think I found the problem. The AI, on its turn, is performing 'Dynamic Convoy' adjustments on the Chinese convoy because it still thought it had control over this particular convoy. I've added a check to ensure that once an AI Major surrenders that this won't happen in the future.

I'll try and put together a hotfix as soon as possible.

Hubert

For anyone that has encountered this issue, there is a new hotfix available, i.e. a corrected Game EXE. It can be found he

Willy

http://www.battlefront.com/patches

Note, it will not correct a game in progress as you will have to start a new game for it to work properly.

Hubert tried to load new patch but I am getting an error message cant find licen 40 try to reinstall, Hubert what am I doing wrong?

bowenw, It amazes me that every problem I encounter you always seem to encounter the same one a few days later on. Anyway don't worry all you have to do is try the save as option instead of the open/run option. Then once downloaded place the file in the installation directory file of SC PT. Note it won't work with any games in progress what you should do for those games is get rid of the China convoy script. You owe any thanks to Hubert as he's the one that told me this.

bowenw, It amazes me that every problem I encounter you always seem to encounter the same one a few days later on. Anyway don't worry all you have to do is try the save as option instead of the open/run option. Then once downloaded place the file in the installation directory file of SC PT. Note it won't work with any games in progress what you should do for those games is get rid of the China convoy script. You owe any thanks to Hubert as he's the one that told me this.

[He He] look scottsmm I am several days behind everyone not just you, call me Willy, I dont understand some computer things so forgive me but I cant find save instead of open like I have been doing, scottsmm when you have a minute I need a more lenghtly explanation on how to load this fix.

Willy

Willy, I'm not saying that your slow I was just kidding around, because every time I seem to have a problem you then encounter the same problem a few days down the road. Anyway all you have to do is go back and click on the hotfix again then you should see the typical popup which will instruct you to either open/run, save as, or something else that you don't need to do. What you should click on is the save as, and then you should move that once downloaded to your installation directory folder for SC PT. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further guidance.

Willy, I'm not saying that your slow I was just kidding around, because every time I seem to have a problem you then encounter the same problem a few days down the road. Anyway all you have to do is go back and click on the hotfix again then you should see the typical popup which will instruct you to either open/run, save as, or something else that you don't need to do. What you should click on is the save as, and then you should move that once downloaded to your installation directory folder for SC PT. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further guidance.

I know your kidding Scotty, your a very positive and helpful player but I cannot for the life of me find a save button when I right click on the fix, if I click the left mouse button directly on it I get the error popup. Getrting close to hari kiri.

Willy

Willy, the hotfix patch has been updated to perform an automatic install of the corrected EXE so it should be pretty straightforward now.

Hubert

Thank you Hubert I guess I made you work overtime to make an auto install, I hope you make a good salary because you sure deserve it.

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

The patch or the hotfix? If you're looking for the hotfix you must first download the patch (1.01) you can download it here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=225&Itemid=348

Note it's recommend that you download any product of battlefronts directly from the battlefront server, as it's always the quickest and leads to no problems down the road. Once you click on the link all you have to do is click run, and then once the run is successful just keep clicking next into you get to the finish and that's it. From there you can download the hotfix here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_versions&Itemid=221#SC%20WWII%20Pacific%20Theater

Note, Hubert was very nice and made it so you just have to download the file, and that's it. Hope this helps.