CMBO with CMBB Engine?

I also use the CMETO mod. However, I decided to use the old CMAK green grass for the Summer battles, and the CMETO green/yellow grass for late Fall, Winter battles.

This is accomplished by loading CMAK again, and in affect having two CMAK games on your computer.

Thanks again to all for the replies, but now that I've got CM Normandy and CM ETO up and running, I'm a wee bit puzzled.

When I first got them going, I did a test drive of a scenario (whose name I've unfortunately forgotten, that doesn't help, sorry), and found that it included a very nice Sherman Firefly, complete with the prototypical barrel-end "semi-sky" camouflage designed to make it look like a normal 75mm gun.

But - when I try to set up a battle of my own (Jul 44/Italy - couldn't find France or Normandy or NW Europe, is that right?), I can't find any Fireflies in the British OOB, nor are there any Archers, or AEC Mk III a/c's, or some other typical Brit 44 stuff. So, how do I get my own Fireflies etc? Help!

Mike

PS I also noticed that selecting an AEC Mk II a/c, gave me a Daimler a/c. What am I doing wrong?

Hey Mike,

You actually didn't do anything wrong, However, you will need to do one of the processes below in order to get those vehicles. This is because CMAK is intended for the Mediteranian theater, and therfore many vehicles didnt see action until much later in 44' early 45'.

1 ) Use the QB - but will need to set the time to Italy, May 45' in order to get those vehicles closest to the Normandy battlefield and temp setting ( it will show cool temp, but nothing you can do to change that ). The cool weather works great for NWE Fall 44' battles.

If you want to have NWE Winter battles, you can purchase some of these vehicles in December 44' - Jan 45' setting, and it will work perfect ( with or without snow ).

2 ) Use the Scenario Editor to create your own battles - purchase your Firefly as I believe they arrive in Italy, Oct 44' not sure about the AC, but check exact month. Now go back to parameters and change the month to July.

You will now have these vehicles show up for your Normandy battles. Do the same process for some of your Fall 44' battles. By Winter 44' most of the vehicles show up anyways on both NWE and Italy so not much change is needed.

Joe

CM Normandy is just another terrain & building mod that is suppose to better reflect what Normandy is like ( the mod will have greener grass, and different buildings then CMETO ).

CMETO better reflects battles after Normandy in France ( After the breakout - From Fall thru to Germany.

Now, if you really want to better reflect Fall battles in NWE ( I havent done this yet, but ofcourse requires you to download CMAK again, and call it 'CMETO-Fall ' if you will ) use CMBB fall trees & bases.

I personally just use CMETO for all battles from Normandy onwards, ( but decided to keep the original CMAK grass as I like it better ).

So basically, CMAK - for battles in the Med, CM Normandy - for battles in Normandy, CMETO-Fall ( optional - if you like to add fall trees & bases ) CMETO - For battles after Normandy.

CM Normandy is just another terrain & building mod that is suppose to better reflect what Normandy is like ( the mod will have greener grass, and different buildings then CMETO ).

CMETO better reflects battles after Normandy in France ( After the breakout - From Fall thru to Germany ).

Now, if you really want to better reflect Fall battles in NWE ( I havent done this, but ofcourse requires you to download yet another copy, and call it 'CMETO-Fall ' if you will ) use CMBB fall trees & bases

I personally just use CMETO as I only want one copy of CMAK in my computer for all battles from the Med to Germany.

So basically, CMAK - for battles in the Med, CM Normandy - for battles in Normandy, CMETO-Fall ( optional, only if you like to do- if you like to add fall trees & bases ) CMETO - For battles after Normandy.

Hope this helps

Joe

• 1 month later...