Bush stopped Israeli attack on Iran

Sgt Joch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Do you think the wars are over?

Whether you like it or not, the nuclear genie is out of the bottle now, Runyan. There is no way you can bomb it back in there. Countries you don't like WILL get The Bomb. Heck, countries you don't like - or didn't like - have already got The Bomb.

bomb the sh!t out of them <--> watch the mushrooms grow.

That, my simple-minded friend, is a strawman since no one has suggested just sitting back and waiting for the bottles of instant sunshine to be uncorked. It's also a false dilemma since there are plenty of other options between the only two that you could come up with.

You do agree, though, that your argument is fallacious. Right?

You're looking at the wrong problem. Why do we have to prevent proliferation? I don't care - really - who has nukes. I'd just rather they didn't use them.

NonPro - carried out forcefully or peacefully - is an approach to that goal, but it isn't the only approach. See, again, you're doing that false dilemma thing.

Say, do you have any arguments that aren't fallacious?

Also, the President of Iran has stated that the solution to the Middle Eastern situation is the destruction of Israel. I have to take him at his word. Therefore, this also seems like a good reason to prevent the development of a nuclear weapon by Iran.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/03/AR2006080300629.html

The non-interventionist postition is what? He doesn't mean it? He's bluffing? We don't care?

bomb the sh!t out of them <--> watch the mushrooms grow.

That, my simple-minded friend, is a strawman since no one has suggested just sitting back and waiting for the bottles of instant sunshine to be uncorked. It's also a false dilemma since there are plenty of other options between the only two that you could come up with.

Thanks for the links, JonS. A valuable resource there.

Also, the President of Iran has stated that the solution to the Middle Eastern situation is the destruction of Israel. I have to take him at his word. Therefore, this also seems like a good reason to prevent the development of a nuclear weapon by Iran.

I find your attitude to this hilarious, given that your nation happily gave the Bomb to the hands of a man who started a war because God spoke to him.

The Iraq case taught us to leave these kinds of things to IAEA.

Where's your outrage on Indian and Pakistani nucular weapons? Why don't the hawks want to bomb them? If India has a right for nuclear weapons because neighbours on both sides have them, then why should Iran be any different.

To quote Mao, how many divisions does the IAEA have?

As for India and Pakistan, they don't seem to be governed by Islamic fundamentalists bent on the destruction of Israel. At least, Pakistan has not been, but that may change post Musharrif.

Why are the Iranian apologists bending over backwards to ignore the rhetoric that comes out of that country?