Well, they released it.

Arisaka99

Why is it worth it?

hey guys,

you probably know that i have in the past been a big bitcher on the forums about ToW, but i have started to play again and also bought the new add on, and must say its worth it.

shortcomings are present in every game out there and i have yet to find one (well FallOut3 is pretty close) that does not.

anywho, slime, slime...i like it!

immer weiter,

himmelstoss

Why is it worth it?

look, i don't want to repeat all that you can read here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=223&Itemid=337

further, if u really don't like it that much you would not struggle with the idea to buy it or not.

i, for my part am not a fiddler with the map/editor and stuff and don't really have time for it. so any new kind of maps and additions that work and can just be bought and downloaded are fine with me.

finally, $25 is really not that much imho. i mean, yeah if u don't have a job and think about the world recession (that is made up anyhow) and so forth and so bla, bla, than i guess its better to not even look at game sites, as it would be the same as going to the mall to just window shop for cewl cloth u would like to ware knowing u don't have the dough to spend away...well that just hurts one self doesn't it?

so again, i am glad they put it up and say: get it if u have the cash.

so long,

himmelstoss

I would have bought it if it additionally contained the Panther D, the BA 10 and Marder SPG which were shown about a decade earlier ;) ...

There are still some gaping holes in the order of battle which I would have liked filled in this way, eg French standard AT gun, or brit lorry for a complete squad. And no, 75mm is no AT gun ...and neither is the Quad tractor a lorry ...

WATS-447 Service ticket

Id be happy to just have a working copy, 25.00 for nothing is worse than if something is worth something or not. Id like to judge it myself, but with a corrupt cd and no response from Battlefront is making me an unhappy camper either way. Maybe less time on the forum, more time helping those who have genuine problems like corrupt discs?

Nevada, yesterday the customer service (which is completely independent from the people here maintaining the forum by the way) was scrambling to investigate the issue (there were several reports about corrupt discs), and prepare the replacement discs. You should have been emailed by now, and new discs are on the way at our cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Im kinda new to this & Im not much of a computer whiz but I must say that I bought Tow originally because it carried the Combat Mission & the IL2 pedigree & I thought 'how could I go wrong?'. I expected attention to detail & exeptional depth! After all these people know the hardware & the tactics, the order of battle etc. However I was somewhat dissapointed to find the game to be stripped down Eye Candy!

If it was simply Combat Mission with better graphix but on a smaller scale, I would have been happier! I believe this was a step back or down for the companies potential! Because the editors are included I continue to have hopes for this game because there are some very talented & helpful people contributing here on the forums; yet even here I find the editors quite cryptic but like I said Im not much with computer teck stuff!

I still play Operation Flashpoint Invasion 44 for my WW2 fix. That editor is simple! Yes the online fan based community makes that possible thus I still hope for significant improvement with Tow!

Moon!!! The community seems to want more models & statics! Possible meeting engagements, or entering buildings etc. They want the game IMPROVED not extended!!!!!!!!!

I don't see how there could be any objection unless you are making money from it.

MP is 50% missions and 50% maps. If I use the maps to make new missions, I give freely 50% of the MP.

So I ask ...

In fact, I bought the MP since.

the installation process was OK, but after, I can't launch the game :mad:

Not sure, but perhaps a problem cause I have a french version.

And I have not found the maps :confused:

So if the maps is something like hidden, for me, it is not useful, and I will not spend more time with this. I have already spent 2 hours for the complete re-installation :(

Im kinda new to this & Im not much of a computer whiz but I must say that I bought Tow originally because it carried the Combat Mission & the IL2 pedigree & I thought 'how could I go wrong?'. I expected attention to detail & exeptional depth! After all these people know the hardware & the tactics, the order of battle etc. However I was somewhat dissapointed to find the game to be stripped down Eye Candy!

If it was simply Combat Mission with better graphix but on a smaller scale, I would have been happier! I believe this was a step back or down for the companies potential! Because the editors are included I continue to have hopes for this game because there are some very talented & helpful people contributing here on the forums; yet even here I find the editors quite cryptic but like I said Im not much with computer teck stuff!

I still play Operation Flashpoint Invasion 44 for my WW2 fix. That editor is simple! Yes the online fan based community makes that possible thus I still hope for significant improvement with Tow!

Moon!!! The community seems to want more models & statics! Possible meeting engagements, or entering buildings etc. They want the game IMPROVED not extended!!!!!!!!!

I AGREE!!!!

I agree... Sneaksie said something about possibly being able to apply some changes from TOW2 to TOW... but more interestingly porting TOW equipment into TOW2.

I think bringing TOW equipment into TOW2 + european landscape maps is the way to go. Would that be worth $25 as an upgrade?... could be.